Medical Oncology Opportunity in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
BEAUTIFUL, COASTAL VIRGINIA
Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
Known as Peninsula Cancer Institute, PCI is part of Riverside Medical Group. It was started by Dr. Mark Ellis, a cancer survivor at 18. The culture of PCI is rooted in an understanding of what it’s like to be in the chair and for supporting family members. PCI has a very large inter-disciplinary reach with all the sub-specialties. The main academic affiliations are the Virginia Commonwealth University and University of Virginia. PCI resides in a large 2-story building on the Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) campus. Each Physician is partnered with a NP. Hospitalists take care of admissions. Typical day is 15-18 patients (1 hour for new and 15 min for follow ups). 4 days a week with 1 day for admin.
NEWPORT NEWS: Hematology/Medical Oncologist Physician
- Interest in breast cancer preferred
- Call 1:8 consults only
- Competitive base salary dependent on experience
- Worked RVU model
- 501(c)(3) organization
- Sign-on bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Paid malpractice
- Relocation allowance
- 6-weeks PTO
- $3,500 CME allowance
- Must be BC/BE in IM, Hematology and Oncology
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- No. 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, DC and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 650+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America’s strongest healthcare delivery organizations−Riverside Health System. Through our EPIC EMR system, we are able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities we serve. We recently celebrated our 100th birthday and employ over 10,000 team members. Our system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to our ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
For more information, please contact:
Riverside Health System
Apply for Medical Oncology Opportunity in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly