Melanoma Surgical Oncologist (Program Director)
Come join our fast-growing, nationally recognized Hoag Hospital located in sunny Orange County, California. We have been voted the #1 most trusted and respected hospital in Orange County and would like you to be a part of our journey! We are seeking a Melanoma Surgical Oncologist who will be the Program Director of The Hoag Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Program. In this role, the Program Director would be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to ensure the delivery of excellent cancer care and optimal treatment outcomes. Come make an impact in continuing the advancement of melanoma care and be the dedicated Melanoma Surgeon within our world-renown Cancer Institute.
The Hoag Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Program is a comprehensive program in Orange County designed to take care of individuals with a diagnosis of melanoma and complex skin malignancies. Hoag Family Cancer Institute has developed this program to provide the very latest in therapeutic, surgical, and ongoing medical management.
The skin cancer specialists from Hoag will partner with your dermatologist to offer concentrated expertise in advanced diagnostics, therapeutics, and prevention. This multispecialty team of the melanoma medical oncologist, plastic reconstructive surgeon, specialty dermatologist partner together with our melanoma high-risk program and can offer second opinions, surgical consultation through both a surgical oncologist and plastic surgeon, clinical nurse navigation, clinical research team and a melanoma trained NP, access to leading clinical trials, and support and resources for the patient and their families.
- Full-Time opportunity in Newport Beach and Irvine, CA
- Ability to partner with a multidisciplinary team to evaluate and treat the spectrum of melanoma or advanced skin cancer.
- Passionate about research to continue the advancement of melanoma care.
- Primary surgical emphasis in melanoma and advanced skin cancer, but may have an additional area of surgical interest such as sarcoma.
- MD or DO degree
- Must have or be eligible for California State medical licensure
- Successful completion of Surgical Residency and Surgical Oncology Fellowship
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- A passion for providing excellent clinical care
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Hoag Hospital
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Quality & Performance Bonus
- Medical Benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan with matching
- Malpractice Coverage
- DEA, Medical Staff, CME and Board Certification Fees
- Relocation Package (outside local area only)