BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Our Staff Physician (Medical Oncologist) will have a range of responsibilities relating to providing medical care to our patients. The Staff Physician (Medical Oncologist) will be responsible for making cancer diagnoses, keeping records of patients’ test results and physical examinations, providing specific cancer information to patients, monitoring treatment plans and improving patient’s quality of life.
OVERVIEW OF JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Examines and diagnoses diseases of the blood, bone marrow, vascular and immune system.
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders test to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition expected.
- Expert in drug and hormone cancer treatments prescribing treatment in accordance with conditions.
- Documents findings and treatment regimens and record progress or changes.
- Coordinate with surgical and radiation oncologists as needed.
- Explains cancer development stages to patients, discusses treatment options and assists in meeting pain management needs.
- Prescribes medication or treatment regiments for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
- Orders or interprets the results of tests such as laboratory tests and diagnostic images.
- Attends inpatient consultations in areas of specialty.
REQUIREMENTS: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Board Certification in Oncology (equiv. to 36 months of training), and a Territory of Guam Medical License. Please send CV to: Guam Regional Medical City- GRMC) Attn HR:133 Route 3, Dededo, Guam 96929 or HR email address firstname.lastname@example.org
GRMC will sponsor successful candidate on a work visa.