Dynamic Leadership Opportunity in Breast Oncology
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine’s (UCCOM) Division of Hematology and Oncology and the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center (UCCC) are seeking an outstanding leadership candidate for the Director of Breast Oncology. The new Director will assume leadership of established clinical programs and be given the resources necessary to implement the visions and strategic plans necessary to elevate the national stature of the program with focus in translational research and clinical trials.
The Breast Cancer Center Director will oversee the breadth of programmatic activities and be expected to develop a vision and implement a strategy to advance the clinical footprint of the breast service, while effectively developing quality research through collaboration with UCs basic science resources and existing research platforms. The Director will report to the Division Chief of Hematology Oncology as well as UC Cancer Center medical leaders and administration.
- The chosen director will provide a stable, visionary, and highly relational presence to a broad portfolio of work: developing and overseeing the clinical and administrative activities of the program; promoting a robust clinical research program; and recruiting, mentoring, and retaining the next generation of faculty providers and scientific contributors.
- Complete alignment between UC Health System, UC College of Medicine, and the UC Cancer Center with strong fiscal commitment to the strategic planning, programmatic, and scientific growth necessary to achieve NCI Designation, while affecting the growth of clinical trials and enhancing the national reputation of the UC Breast Cancer Center.
- UC recently named John Byrd MD, Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine. Dr. Byrd is a member of the National Cancer Institute’s Leukemia Steering Committee and the American Society of Clinical Investigation, the Association of American Physicians, and Chair of the Leukemia and Correlative Science Committee within the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology.
- Strong basic and translational science programs in Breast Oncology including a vibrant experimental therapeutics program, supportive CRO, a dedicated CTO, and broad institutional commitment to growth in immunotherapy and genetics.
- UC’s Breast Cancer Center is the only Triple- Accredited Breast Center in the Tri-State region of Ohio and recently received a three-year accreditation from the NAPBC. The center is well supported by a respected and reputable breast surgical oncology team.
- The center houses the Breast Cancer Registry of Greater Cincinnati, which was created in 2004 by UC’s Department of Environmental Health and serves as a major resource for not only local researchers but also national researchers who use the data for breast cancer study recruitment and data analysis.
The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine has retained CareerPhysician, a nationally respected academic executive search firm to assist the search committee with its efforts. All application materials, including a CV and Cover Letter should be submitted electronically to Mark Lozano, Vice President Search Services at Mark@careerphysician.com.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled. Full details available at the Human resources web site: https://www.uc.edu/hr.html.
Apply for Dynamic Leadership Opportunity in Breast Oncology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly