Chief of Hematology / Oncology
The White River Junction VA Medical Center, Vermont, is recruiting a Chief of Hematology / Oncology (open rank/open track) to lead the clinical, educational, and research missions of the section. Applicants must qualify for academic appointment at Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Core duties include attending in clinic, oversight of chemotherapy, rounding on hospitalized patients, providing consultative service to referring providers, and performance of procedures to include bone marrow biopsy and aspirations. Duties also include clinical supervision of fellows, residents and students from the Geisel School of Medicine and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
Protected research time is available for qualified candidates commensurate with funding. Requires BC/BE in Oncology; BC/BE in Hematology highly favorable. Must also have:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Sign on bonus and EDRP – Educational Debt Reduction Plan, student loan repayment of up to $200,000, may be available to qualified applicants.
Discover the beauty, history, culture and charm of New England in scenic Vermont and nearby Hanover, NH. Located in the scenic Upper Valley, along the Connecticut River, Vermont offers idyllic living along with shopping, entertainment, sports and cultural experiences. Enjoy kayaking and canoeing on the winding river, skiing in the snow-covered mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont or hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Annual performance bonus up to $15,000 per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement; 5 days paid absence to attend CME
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time per year w/ unlimited carry over; 10 paid holidays
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401(k) with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
For further inquiries, please contact Samuel Lee, MD Ph.D, Chief of Medicine, at Samuel.Lee9@va.gov
White River Junction VA Medical Center, 163 Veterans Dr, White River Junction, VT 05009
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.