Nurse Practitioner (NP) Medical Oncology
5 days left
- Full Time
From the moment of first diagnosis, cancer patients and their families are confronted with a new reality. As a Nurse Practitioner with the Community Medical Oncology Specialists practice you will be integral in providing support to these patients and families. In this role you will assist the treatment of patients with cancer and blood disorders using top of the line technology—assessing, planning, and providing care for nearly 300 patients a week.
You will be working alongside your team to assist the lead physicians in areas including triage, acting as a mentor to other team members and taking patient calls. We are located at Community Cancer Institute — Central California’s premier comprehensive cancer care center and the only one in the area with many outpatient services in a single location. Our physicians work closely with specialists in radiation oncology, genetics, pathology, radiology, surgical oncology and others to arrive at an accurate diagnosis and determine an appropriate, individualized care plan for patients.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive assessments, perform medical diagnosis, write prescriptions and formulate treatment plans.
- Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, ensure patient safety, and contribute to quality and regulatory activities.
- Ensure that patients are counseled regarding treatment plans and the use, dosage and possible side effects of medications.
- Make referrals to appropriate providers when patients require subspecialty medical attention beyond the area's scope of service.
- Obtain prior authorizations from insurance companies.
- Document and maintain precise and complete records of patients.
Education and Experience Minimum Requirements:
- Completion of a Nurse Practitioner program required
- Credentialed by the CMC Medical Staff Office as an Allied Health Professional and privileged to perform Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Standardized Procedures required
- 2 years of clinical experience in the area of specialty required
Licenses and Certifications:
- NP - Current State of California Nurse Practitioner License required
- NPF - Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number required
- DEA - DEA Controlled Substance Number required
- BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) require
- Ability to participate in a federally funded program (Medicare and Medicaid) required
- NPC - National Certified Nurse Practitioner by ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) or AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners) preferred
Apply for Nurse Practitioner (NP) Medical Oncology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Nursing Practitioner $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Fresno
- Medical Oncology Nursing Practitioner $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Fresno
- Palliative Care Nursing Practitioner $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Fresno
- Preventive Care Nursing Practitioner $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Fresno
- Radiation/Radiotherapy Nursing Practitioner $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Fresno