Sr./Principal Medical Scientist, US Medical Affairs, Oncology
We want the courageous, the self-starters, the compassionate doers, the make-it-possible-ers. Because those are the kind of people who are best able to make an impact for people with cancer. So, what’s missing? Just someone like you.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead heme/onc products
- Delivers timely, accurate, and succinct clinical and scientific presentations to heme/ onc healthcare providers, both proactively and in response to requests for information, consistent with promotional compliance, PhRMA guidelines, and FDA regulatory requirements
- Implements defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action and other strategic initiatives
- Provides independent thought and initiative in the preparation and completion of a variety of projects and ensuing reports.
- Participates in special projects based on extensive knowledge base, experience and competency, using a degree of autonomy in the preparation and completion of projects and reports, and by establishing relationships with internal and with external contacts as needed
- Identifies and develops relationships with regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products; establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
- Trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits
- Serves as a medical resource to Gilead’s heme/onc Therapeutic Sales Specialists, and provides sales force with training at national and regional levels
- Participate in advisory boards, symposia, and clinical conferences
- Supports Gilead Phase IV program that includes collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Selects sites for both Phase IV and other clinical trials.
- Anticipates complex obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
- Sought out from within and outside Gilead for advice and collaboration on complex issues and resolution of complex problems.
- Supports the development, deployment, and appropriate use of field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks)
- Maintains familiarity with all relevant complex scientific data and commits to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
- Has the ability to work as a member of several teams, such as national MS team, regional sales team, national accounts, and others.
- Adheres to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and Gilead policies
- Exhibits Gilead’s core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, and inclusion
- Advanced medical/scientific/clinical degree (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD, NP, and PA preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required
- A minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably with a minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical experience
- Prior experience with oncology/breast cancer preferred, with strong knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape, and professional society treatment guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Capacity to develop and deliver high-quality presentations is essential
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources
- Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company
- Live in designated region and be able to travel > 70% of the time, occasionally with short notice, to cover regional territory
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Apply today at Sr./Principal Medical Scientist, US Medical Affairs, Oncology (OK, AR, LA, MS, AL) (myworkdayjobs.com)