Principal Medical Scientist, US Medical Affairs, Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA) West
We want the revolutionaries, the committed collaborators, the bold challengers, the I-can-do-it-ers. Because those are the kind of people who are best able to make an impact for people with cancer. So, what’s missing? Just someone like you.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
This is a field-based Principal Medical Scientist position within our Managed Care & Government Accounts team within U.S. Medical Affairs supporting all therapeutic areas across the Gilead portfolio in a West territory (CA, NV, & VISN 21). The Principal Medical Scientist will be part of a team that serves as the medical, scientific, and health economic lead facilitating the clinical, health economic, and scientific exchange and communication to key stakeholders across Gilead’s therapeutic areas. Successful candidates will be experienced, well-organized, results-oriented healthcare professionals with a proven track record of working in the payor environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding and knowledge of current US healthcare system, healthcare delivery, and biotechnology drug/device development process required.
- Knowledge of HEOR disciplines, and basic understanding of biostatistics and evidence-based medicine required (i.e. research methodology, developing clinical protocols, clinical reports, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills required. Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a constantly changing environment in both an independent and collaborative manner.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal stakeholders including medical affairs colleagues, field-based therapeutic medical scientists, HEOR, commercial, manage markets and account manager teams; and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, health systems, large group practices, medical directors, pharmacy directors, clinical payer leads, specialty pharmacy, and other value based and population-based groups and decision makers.
- Demonstrates a patient-centric and customer mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability and knowledge to effectively communicate medical, scientific, health economic, and business information to internal and external stakeholders through impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to travel within the US a minimum of 70% of the time, occasionally with short notice
- Education: Advanced scientific degree required (MD, DO, PhD or PharmD strongly preferred) with 8 years experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare field required. PhD or additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, public health or health policy is a plus.
- Clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in Gilead therapeutic fields strongly preferred (e.g., HIV, HCV, HBV, Fibrosis, Inflammation, Oncology).
- Comprehensive knowledge of managed markets, HEOR, and disease management with at least 5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry, managed care, or similar organization is required (e.g., field based medical/HEOR) with >10 years preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Apply today at Principal Medical Scientist, US Medical Affairs, Managed Care and Government Accounts (MCGA) West (myworkdayjobs.com)