Director - Clinical Data Science
We want the revolutionaries, the committed collaborators, the bold challengers, the I-can-do-it-ers. Because those are the kind of people who are best able to make an impact for people with cancer. So, what’s missing? Just someone like you.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
- Experienced in building top performing data engineer team(s) and the ability to link analytical needs to business impact.
- Has in-depth knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and the ability to implement a high level of compliance to data procedures.
- Manages a group, which requires setting of direction for that group’s expertise.
- Acts as a consultant to the Business stakeholders in his/her area. Liaises with Business Development.
- Assigns objectives for team.
- Assesses and analyzes business requirements and recommends solution and plan.
- Supports a regulated function of the department, understands and performs validation efforts in accordance with legal requirements.
- Liaises with Business Development to schedule changes and updates for data engineering applications.
- Manages specific projects under direction from Senior Management.
- Contributes to the development of data engineering strategy. Acts as technical spokesperson on area of expertise.
- Conducts professional appraisals for team members and effectively manages performance.
- Will be given the autonomy and freedom to use his/her skills to run their own group, and to contribute to the wider business group.
- Self-starter that is excited about building new processes and developing people towards their goals in support of Gilead mission and vision.
- Implements strategic initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Has the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Can create buy-in and support and has the ability to negotiate timelines.
- Successfully interacts within Clinical Data Science, with cross functional stakeholders on a frequent basis.
- Viewed as a key resource by more senior individuals on initiatives and may represent the Company on contracts.
- Inform functional management about RWE tool development process, progress and resourcing as required for the project or initiative.
- Recommends and provides trainings.
- Serves as project leader.
- Participates in cross-functional meetings as a representative of RWx.
Real World Evidence and Technology Skills:
- Demonstrated experience owning enterprise-class applications and delivering highly available distributed, fault tolerant, globally accessible services at scale.
- Possesses a deep understanding of data science methodologies and concepts.
- Demonstrates a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within the organization by utilizing methods such as data preparation, data cleansing and data integration.
- Experience building data driven applications.
- Possesses a familiarity with data models such as HL7/FHIR and OMOP CDM, SDTM and ADaM.
- Enable data pipes for enterprise data warehouse and model the data.
- Provide technical/programming expertise to support RWD studies.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of data engineering across the enterprise by researching industry best practices for analytics.
- Has an understanding of clinical trials design and reporting process, as well as regulatory reporting requirements.
- Established or willing to be the point of contact and expert for Gilead in organizations such as OHDSI, EHDEN and PhUSE as it relates to RWE.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting and tuning AWS Lambda functions developed with Python.
- Experience with event-driven architecture design patterns and practices
- Experience in database design and architecture principles and strong SQL abilities
- Understanding of Data warehousing/Data Modeling/Data Lake with Redshift and Athena.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, ECS, Glue and PySpark.
Typical Education and Training:
- 12+ years of experience and a BS degree in Biostatistics/Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience and a MS degree in Biostatistics/Computer Science or equivalent.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Apply today at Gilead and Kite | Jobs and Careers (yello.co)