Director, Medical Affairs, Oncology
We want the courageous, the self-starters, the compassionate doers, the make-it-possible-ers. Because those are the kind of people who are best able to make an impact for people with cancer. So, what’s missing? Just someone like you.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
We have an exciting opportunity on our Medical Affairs Team, a Director position within Global Medical Affairs Oncology. This individual will focus on strategy and operations. They will be designing and executing the strategies and tactics to bring meaningful treatment to patients with cancer. This position will be reporting directly to the Vice President for the global medical therapeutic area of oncology. Currently, the role is an individual contributor, however, the individual selected for this role will be expected to develop a team.
- Develops and manages important key stakeholder relationships with external oncology society leadership
- Provide medical leadership with congress planning and engagement
- Leads oncology portfolio efforts with regards to global pre-reimbursement access (compassionate use, early access programs, etc…) across various brands
- Plans and develops the Medical Affairs strategy in Oncology
- Executes Medical Affairs activities and scientific projects based on the medical strategy and Plan of Action, in close collaboration with other medical team members.
- Ensure alignment of various medical planning strategies across disease areas
- Supports pipeline medical affairs planning when needed
- Provides medical leadership in the cross-functional brand and launch team.
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print.
- Is involved in key scientific publication activities.
- Is a key company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain insights.
- Presents scientific and clinical data in a variety of different settings.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel globally across multiple functions
Required Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. M.D, PharmD, or Ph.D.)
- Experience in Oncology required
- Demonstrates and has experience working closely with external societies, congress groups, and academic centers
- Experience with early access and compassionate use programs strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with relevant roles in medical affairs
- People Management experience Manager for at least 2 years
- Ability to manage people in other countries in various timezones
- Ability to embrace Gilead’s patient-centric values, including the highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time and demonstrates cultural intelligence to work in an international setting
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Apply today at Director, Medical Affairs, Oncology- Foster City, CA or New Jersey (myworkdayjobs.com)