Medical Director / Senior Medical Director - Oncology / Hematology
Reporting to the Executive Medical Director, the primary role of the Senior Medical Director / Medical Director will be to serve as a physician providing medical delivery services and subject matter and drug development expertise. He/she will be expected to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of clinical programs. Furthermore, the Senior Medical Director / Medical Director will play a key role in people leadership/management, client relations, and business development representing Covance by Labcorp in proposals and industry meetings as needed. This is a remote home-based role with travel (US and Global) as needed.
Responsibilities to include:
Client Relationship & Business Development Activities:
- Partnering with GCO to develop new and enhance existing client relationships where possible
- Provides leadership and presents medical/scientific capabilities to clients as a participant of a proposal team
- Leverage known and builds new relationships with investigators/sites to performs site/ investigator feasibility and to support optimal recruiting and conduct of trials
- Able to present or serve on panels to represent the company at conferences and scientific meetings.
Therapeutic and Scientific Expertise:
- Responsible for medical and safety monitoring on assigned projects
- Develops training modules and materials, and provides training in disease states and protocol specific requirements
- Participates in training opportunities to advance knowledge of drug development and good clinical practice guidelines
- Serve as global lead project physician and provides clinical and medical expertise
- May serve as a program level physician across multiple studies for a given company - Provides subject matter and drug development expertise to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of the program for the client
- Performs medical data review and/or oversight of central medical data review- laboratory values, adverse events, coding dictionaries and data tables, listings and figures as needed, holistic and aggregated data review
- Develops, reviews and revises protocols, case report forms, training materials, project specific tools, analysis plans design, clinical trial reports and new drug applications
- Prepares materials for investigator meetings
- Actively participates in investigator meetings
- Provides medical/scientific expertise to project teams and to other Covance departments - Interacts with inter-departmental and external consultants as appropriate
- Participates in feasibility discussions relating to specific project proposals
- Participates in project risk assessment activities
- Assists when needed with data safety monitoring board activities
- Contributes to the scientific strategic leadership for the Oncology programs
- BE/BC in Oncology and/or Hematology Experience
- Experience with medical monitoring of Hem/Onc clinical trials preferred
- Previous experience within the CRO or Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred
Why Grow Your Career with Covance?
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. At Covance, we embrace and celebrate the different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our 20,000+ team members across the globe. Our team is driven by an energizing purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions. And, with our comprehensive service portfolio, you’ll have the opportunity to explore diverse projects and unique career paths across the drug development spectrum. Join us and discover your extraordinary potential.
Apply at careers.covance.com or submit application through this posting.
More searches like this
- Breast Physician-Scientist jobs in United States
- Clinical Research Oncology Physician-Scientist jobs in United States
- Clinical Trials Research Physician-Scientist jobs in United States
- Gastrointestinal Physician-Scientist jobs in United States
- Gynecologic Oncology Physician-Scientist jobs in United States