Physician-Scientist Early Investigator
CCR’s Physician-Scientist Early Investigator Program (PEIP) is a highly competitive opportunity intended for physicians dedicated to laboratory bench-to-bedside or clinic-based research. This position is in a mentored three-to-five-year independent research program and is equivalent to a starting faculty position in academia.
Comparable to many NIH grants awarded to early faculty, Physician-Scientist Early Investigators (PEI) receive generous independent resources including laboratory space, travel and training funds, support personnel, supplies and services funds, support for clinical protocol development and implementation and access to basic and clinical research cores at the NIH Clinical Center, the world’s largest dedicated research hospital.
Selectees will be appointed for a three-to-five-year period at a competitive salary commensurate with subspecialty training and experience. They will be assigned dedicated space, provided with an independent budget including travel and training funds, and given access to an extensive infrastructure including:
- research nursing
- data-management support
- animal facilities
- core services and advanced technologies such as
- protein chemistry and purification
- mass spectrometry
- flow cytometry
- transgenic and knockout mice
Potential areas of interest include:
- medical oncology
- multiple myeloma
- pediatric hematology-oncology
- radiation oncology
- surgical oncology
An attractive Federal Government employee benefits package includes health and life insurance coverage, a retirement savings program, and relocation expenses. Student loan repayment is possible through the NIH.
Program participants must develop a research proposal in collaboration with mentor(s) and complete courses focused on leadership/management skills and writing cancer grant applications. Research progress will be reviewed on an annual basis.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Washington D.C.
- Clinical Trials Research Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Washington D.C.
- Gynecologic Oncology Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Washington D.C.
- Hematologic Oncology Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Washington D.C.
- Immuno-Oncology Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Washington D.C.