Medical Director of Cancer Services
Kootenai Health is seeking a board certified Medical Director of Cancer Services. The medical director will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans to grow and develop medical hematology and oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, and research services to maximize effectiveness; facilitate integration and teamwork to ensure the highest level of care for patients while achieving quality and utilization objectives for the service line. This position will have dedicated protected administrative time and reports to the Chief Physician Executive, or designee, and serve in a collaborative management role with Kootenai Health leadership. Cancer Services program is accredited with the American College of Surgeons Commission on cancer since 1990 and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers since 2017. Also, certified by the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Quality Oncology Practice Initiative. This position will also perform clinical duties as a Kootenai Health physician while ensuring services performed in conjunction with the mission, vision and values of Kootenai Health.
These efforts will include but not limited to the following areas:
- Participate in the ongoing planning and implementation of the cancer services programs to include vision, objectives, and strategies to be deployed over a time horizon determined by Hospital;
- Develop guidelines and evidence-based protocols that support cancer services development, growth and strategic initiatives;
- Optimize and further develop research programs to support cancer services
- Serve as a leader, spokesperson, teacher, and mentor to members of the clinical care team and community, board and administration; including outreach activities;
- Foster relationships with referring physicians in the community and clinic multidisciplinary groups;
- Actively participate in recruitment and onboarding efforts for new physicians and advanced practice professionals for the service lines.
Oversight and Quality Improvement:
- Acts as the cancer services physician representative, functioning as a role model for behavior, collaboration and evidence based best practice;
- Work collaboratively with hospital and clinic operations of associated clinical departments;
- Establish and reinforce behavior expectations, supporting open communication and collegial relationships throughout the hospital medicine service line;
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to enhance patient care and experience;
- Set goals, targets and measures that assess performance in pursuit of balanced accountability;
- Actively support and advise regarding optimization of the electronic medical record, especially related to physician interfacing;
- Actively support and advise regarding optimization of the utilization management, clinical document improvement, and hospital throughput initiatives, and aligning the hospital medicine service line with these initiatives.
- Current board certification
- 5+ years of experience in cancer services leadership preferred
- Demonstrated team-building and consensus-seeking skills
- Experience working collaboratively with physicians and clinic administrators in a dyad leadership model
- Knowledge of regulatory, reimbursement, legal and policy issues as they relate to operational management
Apply for Medical Director of Cancer Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly