Join the Department of Hematology and Cellular Therapy
Join our cancer enterprise at Cedars-Sinai Cancer during a transformational period of growth and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center. Ranked by US News & World Report as the #7 Best Hospital in Cancer in 2020-2021, Cedars-Sinai Cancer is seeking a Staff Physician I or II who will focus on lymphoid diseases or multiple myeloma and the development of clinical trials for the treatment of these diseases.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer is recruiting Physician Investigators to develop both investigator – initiated and industry – partnered clinical trials at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and will collaborate with basic scientists and translational researchers at Cedars-Sinai in the development of innovative therapies. The Staff Physician will collaborate with other faculty within the Division of Hematology and Cellular Therapy, the Cedars-Sinai Cancer, and participate in educational, research, and community outreach and engagement activities that are in alignment with departmental/divisional and Cedars-Sinai Cancer priorities.
Are you right for this role? A successful candidate has:
- completed ACGME – certified training in Hematology or Medical Oncology with Board Certification. Some experience in the execution of industry-sponsored or investigator-initiated clinical trials in Hematology/Oncology,
- a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, organizations and leaders, and
- a track record of high-quality teaching and mentoring of physician trainees
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter as well as names of three references to Dr. John Chute, Director, Division of Hematology and Cellular Therapy, c/o AcademicRecruiting@cshs.org.
Cedars-Sinai seeks to find, develop and retain the best clinical and research faculty. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, M/F/Vets/Disabled.
We seek applications from exceptional investigators conducting research on cancer in the context of lifestyle and metabolic risk factors.
In this role, you will:
- Provide patient care services to patients with lymphoid diseases or multiple myeloma
- Provide inpatient and outpatient clinical services to hematology and cellular therapy patients
- Contribute to cancer therapeutic guidelines
- Contribute to new and innovative research programs that will serve to improve cancer outcomes in patients
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of grant and contract proposals to support a cancer research program in lymphoid diseases or multiply myeloma
- Participate as Investigator or Co-Investigator on research studies
- Participate in center activities including speaking engagements, committee appointments and public or community outreach opportunities
- Participate and contribute to the education and teaching of
Hematology/Oncology fellow trainees at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- MD degree
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Board certification in the subspecialty of Hematology and/or Medical Oncology.
- Published author of peer-reviewed articles and/or potential to serve as principal or co-principal investigator.
- An early track record of excellence in clinical research, teaching, patient care, and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and mentorship skills
- A collaborative style that fosters and supports teamwork and innovation
About Cedars-Sinai Cancer
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #7 Best Hospital in Cancer Nationally and #1 in California in 2020-2021, the Cedars-Sinai Cancer program sees over 4800 new cases of cancer per year and is part of the Cedars-Sinai Health System, a rapidly expanding vertically integrated health system with practices located in Southern California, including Tower Hematology-Oncology, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai Valley Oncology Medical Group, Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey hospital, Hunt Cancer Institute at Torrance Memorial, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer continues to pursue excellence with plans to greatly expand and sharpen the focus of its basic and translational research programs and its studies of cancer in the context of lifestyle/metabolic factors, with focus on improving cancer outcomes and helping to change behaviors that encourage cancer survivorship.
Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a top 10 academic medical center for NIH funding with over $200M in extramural research grant funding. As the largest academic medical center in the western United States, Cedars-Sinai is also training the next generation of physicians, researchers, and allied health professionals. Physicians and scientists at Cedars-Sinai are actively engaged in translational research to bring medical advancements directly from the laboratory to the bedside.
A commitment to meeting the community's health needs has been a defining quality of Cedars-Sinai since the beginning - from the opening of the 12-bed Kaspare Cohn Hospital in Angeleno Heights in 1902 to what is now a world-renowned, nonprofit academic medical center with 890 licensed beds.
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #7 Best Hospital in 2020-2021, Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow's health professionals. Additionally, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a commitment to the community through programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
Apply for Physician Investigators
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly