Senior Medical Director, Clinical Oncology
The Flatiron HC Clinical Oncology team is looking for an experienced community oncologist to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
Our Clinical Oncology team is comprised of seasoned physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, clinical pharmacy specialists and nurses, and is responsible for ensuring the usability, safety and clinical content accuracy of OncoEMR, Flatiron’s cloud - based electronic health record, as well as our other oncologist and patient-facing software and services. We also serve as internal and external champions to represent front line oncology clinicians and ensure that our products enable a better patient experience, a healthier practice and smarter research.
What You'll Do
As Senior Medical Director, Clinical Oncology, you’ll partner with cross-functional teams to provide clinical guidance, strategic insights, education, and internal user research as we iterate on our best-in-class Oncology platform. You’ll also have a significant external-facing role as a clinical cancer expert who represents Flatiron to clinicians in community practices and health systems in service of retaining and growing our clinical user network. In addition, you will:
- Serve as a primary clinical voice of the company both internally and externally through networking and presenting at conferences, delivering clinically insightful messaging appropriate for sophisticated clinical and health technology audiences.
- Drive the clinical strategy to grow and retain our clinical user network.
- Leverage your clinical expertise to provide strategic and operational support to our Product, Design, Engineering, Support, Patient Safety and Data Insights teams to make sure our offerings meet the needs of our large network of clinicians who use them every day to care for cancer patients.
- Partner with our Marketing and Sales teams to ensure that our offerings remain fresh and deliver value in the rapidly evolving oncology landscape.
- Partner with our Customer Success and Implementation teams to nurture and maintain high-functioning working relationships with our network of clinical users.
- Provide clinical, strategic and operational support for new partnerships and external collaborations.
- Establish and nurture key relationships throughout the oncology ecosystem.
- Serve as a source of thought leadership for the direction of the company and its products.
- Provide physician-level guidance on workflow development.
- Grow into a people management role within the Clinical Oncology team.
Who You Are
You're a medical oncologist with 8 or more years working in a clinical oncology practice after completion of oncology subspecialty training. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a medical degree, residency, and oncology subspecialty training and are caring for patients now or have done so within the past two years.
- You have a thorough understanding of the clinical and financial challenges faced by practicing oncologists today.
- Experience in working with online (web-based) clinical applications, workflows, and tools.
- You are extremely proficient in oncology electronic medical records
- You are comfortable with public speaking and have superior communication skills and the ability to translate complex clinical concepts to a non-clinical audience.
- You are excited about working in a passionate, fast-paced, technology-driven culture.
- You have comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn.
- You are able to travel to our NYC Headquarters and to customers in the U.S. 30% of the time.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience using OncoEMR as a practicing physician.
- You are an EHR superuser.
- You are a community-based general oncologist
- You are a credible expert with oncology thought leaders or you have experience collaborating with oncology thought leaders.
- You have experience in oncology practice leadership and/or administration.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.