HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
Associate Clinical Investigator MD or DO
The Associate Clinical Investigator develops and conducts clinical/translational research studies that utilize genomics and other biologic information to improve the survival and quality of life for patients with advanced cancer. The Associate Clinical Investigator will be involved with and have a subspecialty interest in a tumor type and will be conducting phase I/II clinical trials.
This position requires the equivalent of 4 days a week to be present in the clinic as well as provide coverage as determined by the Medical Director of the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center Clinical Trials. Time in clinic is considered a physical presence in the clinic so as to be readily available for patient care issues. The successful candidate will also have an appointment at the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen). An academic clinical appointment at the level of Assistant, Associate or Professor is available through the College of Medicine, Phoenix campus, University of Arizona.
- Develop and conduct clinical research studies likely to improve the survival and quality of life for patients with advanced cancer. This work includes original research accomplishments that are published in peer-reviewed journals; participation in national and international meetings to share results of ongoing and completed research studies; and sharing expertise as a clinical researcher with other community and academic physicians and clinical research staff.
- Develops independent academic research programs, including writing grants and other funding proposals, establishing academic collaborations as necessary to meet research goals, serves as collaborator on clinical, translational and laboratory-based research programs and establishes collaborative research programs, as appropriate.
- Reviews patient medical records, tests and study results to make recommendations for treatment options, including second opinions for patients requesting such service.
- With other members of the drug development program, develop and/or participate in research activities, adhere to all institutional and regulatory guidelines, participate in and provide appropriate training of clinical research staff, and participate in activities and initiatives designed to provide highest quality patient care.
- Provides call coverage for clinical trials program as needed, including 3.5 days per week in the clinic and hospital coverage.
- Successfully mentors fellows, other clinic staff and clinical research collaborators.
- M.D. or D.O
- 7 years oncology clinical cancer research with demonstration of proficiency in oncology patient care and a background in clinical research, development of research programs and participation in effective research teams
- Physician\PHYS - Physician State Licensure by Board of Medical Examiners
- Board-certified in Oncology
Application Instructions: Please send CV or resume directly to - Thomas Licari: ThLicari@honorhealth.com
- Tuition assistance up to $5,250* per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with domestic partner coverage
- 403(b) retirement savings plan that provides immediate vesting and dollar-dollar match up to 4%
- On-site child and elder care centers
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking, discounted bus passes, fitness facilities and much more!
*terms and conditions apply
HonorHealth System Overview:
- Six acute-care hospitals
- Three Level I trauma centers
- 15 Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network locations
- Medical group with 70+ primary, specialty and urgent care locations
- 500+ ongoing clinical trials and studies at the HonorHealth Research Institute
- System-wide, fully integrated Epic EMR
- Five Magnet® recognized hospitals
- Four intensive care units that are recipients of the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review, 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2019
- Recognized by Forbes, Best Employers 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- All HonorHealth Medical Centers achieved B or higher rating in the spring 2019 The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
Learn more and apply online: Jobs.HonorHealth.com
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.