Full time staff physician position in academically oriented Hematology/Oncology Section at the VA Long Beach Health Care System, Long Beach, CA. The VALB is a major affiliate of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) with fully integrated fellowship and residency programs in Internal Medicine. Staff physicians at VALB have affiliate faculty appointments at UCI. VALB is an affiliate member of SWOG and of the NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCI, and has a cancer clinical trials program. VALB is also one of only 20 VAs in the country (and one of only 4 on the West Coast) to be awarded a VA L-POP (Lung Precision Oncology Program) grant to develop a large “hub-and-spoke” lung cancer screening and clinical trials program in Southern California and Nevada.
Major responsibilities of the position include direct, high quality patient care with particular emphasis on the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team; didactic and bedside teaching and supervision of medical students, residents and Hematology/Oncology fellows; and active participation in the conduct of clinical trials. Administrative responsibilities include supervision of fellows, adherence to quality measures, and academic and research collaboration with the Hematology/Oncology Division and NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCI. ABIM Board eligibility/certification in Hematology and Medical Oncology is required. Scholarly candidates with clinical/translational/basic research interests in any area of hematology or oncology are particularly encouraged to apply.
The VA provides outstanding benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Recruitment incentive eligible for highly qualified candidate(s).
- Medical degree (MD or equivalent).
- Residency in Internal Medicine.
- Hematology/Oncology Fellowship in an ACGME accredited training program. Candidates in the final year of their fellowship are eligible to apply, provided they will complete their fellowship before joining this position.
- ABIM Board eligibility/certification in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Medical license (Physicians must possess a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure).
- Demonstrated interest in teaching, recognition from trainees and/or awards for teaching.
- Scholarly activities including research interests (clinical, translational or basic science) in any area of Hematology or Oncology.
Contact Dr. Pankaj Gupta, Chief, Hematology/Oncology, VA Long Beach for more information at email@example.com.
Apply for Hematologist/Oncologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly