Staff Medical Oncologist
Levine Cancer Institute is currently seeking a full-time Staff Medical Oncologist to join their existing faculty at LCI-Cleveland in Shelby, NC.
SUMMARY: The Staff Medical Oncologist is responsible for delivering patient care at their assigned location, providing outpatient and inpatient coverage in support of their respective departments, and meet the minimum requirements of a physician at Atrium Health. Services include, but are not limited to, ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, and prescription of pharmacological agents and non-pharmacological therapies.
- Facilitates communication and trust among physicians and between physicians and Atrium Health administration.
- Provide observation, inpatient, and consultative care to hospitalized patients
- Participate in quality improvement activities and hospital committees
- Ensures that quality patient care is practice by providing timely care and demonstrates effective communication with the organization’s internal and external customers.
- Provides prompt responses to calls from nursing units and the emergency department.
- Engages in interdepartmental/interdisciplinary collaboration to ensure a single standard of care.
- Ensures that each patient’s medical record is complete and accurate and that all required documentation is completed in a manner consistent with the hospital, as well as medical staff rules and regulations.
- Maintains positive relations with community physicians, emergency physicians, nurses, case managers, and other staff.
- Supports the mission and vision of Atrium and LCI and ensures department operations are consistent with the System’s plan for care delivery of the patient.
- Devote Physician’s time, attention, knowledge, and skills to patient care for the benefit of the patient
- Use Physician’s best efforts to provide quality care and to maintain a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Maintain current medical license for hospital specialty and participate in ongoing practice performance evaluation.
- Must obtain certification through American Board of Internal Medicine within 3 years of employment.
- Works with peers to maximize care coordination within Atrium Health.
- Participates in professional development activities including attendance at Department meetings.
- Attend tumor boards, section meetings and other regularly scheduled department and Institute meetings.
- Models Atrium Core Values and leads efforts to improve physician relations within the group.
About Atrium Health-Cleveland (Shelby, NC):
Atrium Health Cleveland is a 241-bed hospital in Shelby, NC, providing comprehensive emergency services and specialty medical care and was the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced emergency care. The campus offers a variety of medical services, including a day surgery center, cancer treatment center, long-term care facility, behavioral health center, specialty care clinics, a community wellness and outreach program, a women and children’s center, interventional heart program and physician practices.
About the Community:
Shelby, NC lies near the western edge of the larger Charlotte area, between Charlotte and Asheville, and has become a noted tourism and wedding destination in Western North Carolina. Shelby’s community of art, music, and government all take place in the Uptown Shelby historic district, which is home to a large square, local businesses, and a variety of restaurants. Additional attractions include walking trails, festivals, and various events and fundraisers. Shelby is known throughout the state for its collaborative methods between private, non-profit, and public sector organizations with groups like Leadership Cleveland County. Shelby is home to approximately 20,026 people.
Apply for Staff Medical Oncologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly