Chief of Surgical Oncology
Luminis Health, a progressive health system headquartered in picturesque Annapolis, Maryland, is seeking a Chief of Surgical Oncology. The successful applicant will be accomplished in the area of hepatobiliary surgery.
Responsibilities include developing a comprehensive Surgical Oncology program; overseeing the clinical care of patients; teaching residents and fellows; promoting scholarly research and innovation; mentoring junior faculty; managing the budget of the Division; representing the Surgery and Oncology service lines, and performing other administrative duties to support the service sines and the health system.
Why Luminis Health?
- Luminis Health is a 3-hospital system representing the Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis (AAMC), the McNew Family Medical Center in Annapolis, and the Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham (DCMC), serving a patient population of 1.7 million people across 8 counties.
- We have 35 hospital-based ORs and 2 ambulatory surgery centers, with annual surgical volumes in excess of 35,000.
- We have a strong track record of launching high-quality surgical programs, and our Abdominal Surgery, Breast Surgery, and Joint Replacement programs are the busiest in the state.
- Our Geaton and JoAnn DeCesaris Cancer Institute (DCI) is recognized regionally and nationally as a leading provider of high-quality comprehensive cancer care, treating over 2500 new cancer patients per year.
- We have robust Education, Simulation, and Research programs, and the DCI participates in a large number of cancer clinical trials, including industry and cooperative groups.
- AAMC is a Magnet designated, Leapfrog A rated, 5-star CMS-rated hospital, and has 10 specialties that ranked in the top decile nationally in the ACS NSQIP quality metrics.
- DCMC has been recognized as a high-performing hospital in colon cancer surgery and heart failure, has been recognized by Forbes list of best midsize employers, and earned Hospital Compare’s 4-star quality rating.
As leader of the System Division of Surgical Oncology, the Chief will perform functions including, but not limited to:
- Develop plans to grow and expand the overall volume and range of innovative, quality-focused service offerings within the Division of Surgical Oncology across all Luminis Health facilities. Incumbent will work closely with the Surgery and Oncology service lines to develop appropriate business plans and projections related to services within the Division.
- Develop surgical quality targets, monitor the quality and appropriateness of oncological surgical care within Luminis Health, and support the Surgery service line training and education programs.
- Recommend and develop policies and procedures that encompass patient care, patient safety, etc. in compliance with accepted standards, regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the guidelines/rules or accrediting bodies.
- Establish a program of continuing education for all individuals who have clinical privileges in the System Division of Surgical Oncology. The program shall include educational conferences, morbidity and mortality conferences, and in-service training.
- Lead the recruitment and retention of faculty within the Division of Surgical Oncology.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or fax to 443-481-3728
Apply for Chief of Surgical Oncology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly