Ochsner LSU Health System – Monroe Medical Center & Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport seek applicants in the Section of Hematology-Oncology. We are seeking a full-time physician at the Assistant or the Associate Professor level with an interest in Hematology, Lung, Breast and/or GI oncology. Great potential for administrative advancement. Applicants must qualify for a Louisiana license. BE/BC necessary.
Applicants would be expected to participate in all faculty activities, including medical student, house staff and fellowship teaching responsibilities; conduct research and publish findings in journals and make presentations at medical conferences; M.D. or equivalent. Faculty with Translational and/or Clinical Research interest is a plus. J1 waiver visa applicants are welcome.
Highlights of the Position:
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
- Emphasizes teaching and provides vitally important leadership and guidance to medical students and residents
- Allows the opportunity to do either lab or clinical research.
West Monroe is located in Northeast Louisiana in Ouachita Parish, strategically located along Interstate 20. With a population of approximately 13,000 residents, the City of West Monroe serves as the hub of economic and recreational activity for the west side of Ouachita Parish. West Monroe offers a great quality of life for families, young students and those young at heart. Named among "Best Cities for Young Families" in Louisiana two years in a row by the consumer advocacy website NerdWallet, West Monroe offers affordable homes, prosperity and growth, quality educational options and family friendly amenities. Public, private and parochial K-12 schools in West Monroe scored at the top of Louisiana. The Ouachita Parish School District has 16 schools in West Monroe and West Ouachita that earned an A or B on their school report cards, issued by the Louisiana Department of Education. West Monroe ranks as one of the most affordable places to live in Louisiana with a cost of living at 88.6 percent of the national average ̶ nearly 12 points below the rest of the nation.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans