MID CAREER BREAST MEDICAL ONCOLOGIST OPPORTUNITY
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute
Hartford HealthCare (HHC), the largest integrated healthcare delivery system in Connecticut, seeks a mid- career breast medical oncologist with clinical practice experience within a multidisciplinary cancer team model to join our growing team of breast specialists at Hartford Hospital, an 867 bed tertiary care, academic medical center in Hartford.
We are looking for a clinician, enthusiastic about providing evidence- based clinical care in a collegial environment with a broadening clinical trials portfolio. This position is ideal for the physician looking for MORE EXPERTISE AND COLLABORATION in their career and the ability to fully utilize their intellectual curiosity.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute oversees the care of one third of patients with breast cancer in Connecticut and is the charter member of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Alliance. Our healthcare system includes seven hospitals and multiple ambulatory care centers with breast services offered on every campus. This means more opportunity to propel your career to new heights within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation and focus on the highest quality of patient care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, and most of all caregivers.
- More than 1400 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed annually at the Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute; there are 600 new cases/year at Hartford Hospital.
- This position will be exclusively focused on breast medical oncology.
- There is close collaboration with the Breast Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering in all aspects of breast cancer care and research.
- The Hartford HealthCare Breast Service Line and Breast Disease Management Team (DMT) function to standardize care and practices across the integrated delivery system. Quality metrics, clinical guidelines, clinical research, dissemination of new techniques and new initiatives are centralized within the DMT.
- There is a weekly breast case conference involving a multi-disciplinary team of breast providers including fellowship trained breast surgeons and radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons, genetic counselors, breast nurse navigators and clinical research staff.
- There are opportunities to participate in teaching, clinical research, and quality/outcomes research.
- Hartford HealthCare is a growing and financially secure physician led organization.
- Hartford HealthCare supports personal development and well-being though the HHC Physician Leadership Development Institute and the Office of Provider Wellness.
- Mid-career Breast Medical Oncologist.
- Demonstrated experience practicing within a multidisciplinary team model of care for breast patients
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Connecticut
Ideally situated between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family the finest schools in the nation; four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
Please contact Pam Lasser, Physician Recruiter, at Pamela.email@example.com or call/text Pam at 860-306-8009 to learn more about this opportunity.
For more about our Cancer Institute, please visit:
To hear all about Hartford HealthCare, please visit:
MORE about Hartford HealthCare