Join our cancer enterprise at Cedars-Sinai Cancer during a transformational period of growth and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center. Ranked by US News & World Report as the #9 Best Hospital in Cancer in 2021-2022, Cedars-Sinai Cancer is seeking a Director who will focus on breast cancer and the development of translational research and clinical trials for the treatment of this disease.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer invites applications for Director of Breast Medical Oncology at the Associate or Professor level to lead our Breast Medical Oncology team. The Director will have programmatic, clinical, administrative, academic and research leadership responsibilities for the program. The Director will lead the development and sustainment of a diverse clinical research portfolio, including investigator-initiated, cooperative group and industry trials through collaboration with basic scientists and translational researchers. The Director will collaborate with other faculty within the Division of Medical Oncology, Cedars-Sinai Cancer, and participate intensely in educational, research, and community outreach and engagement activities that are in alignment with departmental/divisional and Cedars-Sinai Cancer priorities.
Staffed by knowledgeable and specialized clinicians and research personnel, the breast oncology team is committed to best-in-class patient care, innovative research, and ongoing education in breast oncology. Our team is comprised of a dedicated group of medical surgical and radiation oncologist clinician investigators and physician-scientists working together to advance research efforts related to breast oncology.
Are you right for this role? A successful candidate has:
- an interest and success in breast oncology
- expertise in breast cancer research
- a demonstrated ability to work with and lead, among a diverse group of colleagues, organizations and leaders, and
- an ability to independently design and execute creative, high-quality clinical trials in a healthcare setting
- a proven track record of peer reviewed extramural funding
- an extensive publication record in peer reviewed journals
- a track record of high-quality teaching and mentoring at the graduate level
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter as well as names of three references to Karen Reckamp, MD MS at Cedars-Sinai Cancer c/o AcademicRecruiting@cshs.org.