The Hoag Family Cancer Institute (HFCI), Division of Medical Oncology is seeking applicants for a medical oncologist with a thoracic cancer clinical and clinical research focus to join the Division as Medical Director, Thoracic Oncology. Responsibilities of the position include program development and leadership within the HFCI Lung Cancer Program, clinical care, clinical trial research, and outreach. The position will be an active member of multi-disciplinary thoracic oncology programs and a member of the Hoag Family Cancer Institute leadership team.
The Hoag Family Cancer Institute is a recognized leader in the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer and is ranked #32 in the nation in Pulmonology and Lung Surgery. The Lung Cancer Program is the largest program in Orange County, CA, with superior patient outcomes that exceed national benchmarks.
Hoag’s multidisciplinary team of lung care experts provides streamlined access to the full array of advanced lung cancer diagnosis and treatment options. Hoag invests heavily in new technologies, including a new, state-of-the-art MR/linac, nine robotic surgical suites, a molecular imaging and therapeutics center and a new Center for Applied Genomic Technologies. The multi-disciplinary team consists of board-certified medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic oncologic surgeons, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists and a dedicated nurse navigator.
The Hoag Family Cancer Institute has two primary campuses in Newport Beach and Irvine, CA, including a new dedicated Cancer Hospital that will open in 2025.
- MD or DO Degree
- Fellowship trained
- American Board Certified in Oncology
- Must have or be eligible for California State medical licensure
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a medical oncologist specializing in thoracic oncology
- Must be well versed in the latest clinical research of state of cancer care for thoracic oncology
- A passion for providing excellent clinical care
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Hoag Hospital
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Malpractice Coverage
- Covers DEA, Medical Staff, CME and Board Certification Fees
- Relocation Package (outside local area only)
- Medical Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching employer contribution
No agency inquiries please.