The Orlando Health Cancer Institute (OHCI), as part of the Orlando Health Medical Group is recruiting a Chair of Medical Oncology/Hematology and Deputy Director of the Oncology Service Line. The successful candidate will lead an established practice that includes a full spectrum of clinical and academic engagement in solid tumor medical oncology and hematology. In this role, the responsibilities include working with the quality director on system wide quality initiatives, streamlining patient care protocols, leading recruitment for hematology/oncology, teaching residents and fellows, and participating in the growth and strategy for the Orlando Health Cancer Institute. The Department of Medical Oncology/Hematology fulfills clinical, educational, and research missions through collaborative work across the Orlando Health system, spanning across 5 cancer centers (1 primary downtown location and 4 regionals) and 15 clinical locations. The environment spans a strong community health system that includes subspecialty clinical services across the central Florida region with a strategic plan to include a statewide presence. Our program collaborates with multidisciplinary and integrated care teams including surgical oncology, plastic surgery, medical and radiation oncology, dental, pathology, rehabilitation, genetic counseling, speech pathology, nutrition, integrative medicine, dedicated nurse navigators and patient and family counseling.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with outstanding clinical and leadership skills. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Leadership experience in an organization of comparable scope or complexity.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing the highest quality and cost-efficient cancer care.
- Demonstrated commitment to education and a record of accomplishment with nationally recognized, externally funded research and/or clinical research trials.
- Eligibility for appointment to the professional clinical staff at Orlando Health.
- Excellent interpersonal, clinical, and teaching skills, along with board certification in medical oncology.
As you will be joining an established practice, you will have an opportunity to develop a robust clinical program as our referral network spans across the state of Florida.
The successful candidate will also have a great interest in clinical research. This is an excellent opportunity for leadership and career development.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Unrestricted FL medical license (or ability to obtain one) and DEA
- Thriving physician-led, professionally managed healthcare system.
- Excellent brand recognition, with new patients seeking out Orlando Health Cancer Institute for their care.
- Integrated multidisciplinary and subspecialized practice environment.
- Great payor mix with patients from top Orlando employers and Orlando Health team members.
- Robust operational support and resources in a collaborative work environment.
- Dynamic administration that fosters physician autonomy when it comes to clinical decision making and patient outcomes.
- Opportunity for growth and leadership development.
- Opportunity to participate in teaching and academics within a robust Hematology/Oncology fellowship program
- Opportunity to expand an active research and innovation program.
- Excellent compensation package, opportunity to make more based-on productivity.
- Benefits package includes time away for vacations and conferences, health/vision/dental insurance along with full malpractice coverage, disability coverage, deferred compensation and retirement savings options.
- Generous sign-on bonus with eligibility for an annual bonus.
- There is no state income tax.
- Greater Orlando offers direct access to Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions.
- Our lifestyle options have something for everyone, from the downtown districts for those enjoying a trendy urban flair, to family-oriented communities with top rated public and private schools.
- Ample outdoor activities including large public parks for your kids and pets, hiking and biking trails, abundant lake access for kayaking, fishing and paddle-boarding, with Florida’s beautiful beaches only an hour away.
The Orlando Health Cancer Institute is the only cancer institute in Central Florida to be recognized by the State of Florida as a Center of Excellence. The home of the Orlando Health Cancer Institute is the state-of-the-art Charles Lewis Pavilion, a 220,000 square-foot structure completed in 2003. In addition to 60 private inpatient beds, the 10-story comprehensive multidisciplinary cancer institute contains all ambulatory and other services required for cancer care from diagnosis through all phases of treatment and follow up. Our multidisciplinary team includes board-certified surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, nurses, therapists, researchers and counselors.
The Orlando Health Cancer Institute uses a specialized multidisciplinary approach in the treatment of cancer. This offers our patients the best opportunity for an accurate diagnosis and the most effective treatment available. Our goal is to provide the best possible treatment for each patient based on their unique cancer and give our patients the best possible care experience. We are looking for a strong leader in Hematology/Oncology to help our program accomplish this goal.