Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges – one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
The Mayo Clinic Health System Department of Medical Oncology & Hematology in Eau Claire, WI invites you to join our growing team! The practice supports a region with five hospitals and three cancer center locations (Eau Claire, Menomonie & Barron). Eau Claire is the primary location with a 180 bed inpatient hospital and 18 chair chemotherapy unit. The practice includes a mix of medical oncology along with malignant and benign hematology. Work is in concert with onsite Mayo radiation oncology, surgical, radiology and pathology colleagues via several interdisciplinary tumor boards held weekly. Opportunity to also engage with Mayo Clinic tumor specific groups through the utilization of eConsults, presentation at enterprise tumor boards, and engagement with aligned research opportunities. Internal teaching opportunities exist for rotating medical students, onsite Eau Claire Family Medicine residents, and Mayo Clinic Rochester Hematology or Medical Oncology Fellows.
The practice currently has four full-time Hem/Med Onc physicians, two part-time Hem/Med Onc physicians, three full-time Nurse Practitioners, one full-time Hem/Med Onc Ambulatory Pharmacist embedded in the practice, two onsite Genetic Counselors, Clinic & Infusion RNs, Certified Medical Assistants, and additional support services such as Social Work (Cancer Guide), Dietician, Chaplain, Financial Counselors, and Research Coordinators. An acute care cancer clinic is being implemented with an incremental fourth Advanced Practice Provider to support growing practice needs.
Details of the position include:
* Call: Will be 1:5 that is equally divided among providers for week days, weekends and holidays over a one year period. (Weekend call – Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m. / Weekday call – 5 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
* Outpatient: 4.5 Clinic work days per week with one afternoon off per week (or one full day off every other week). Possibility of one day off each week if longer clinical days.
* Inpatient: Hematology/Oncology patients are admitted by the Hospitalist team with appropriate consultations by oncology/hematology and support of inpatient chemotherapy patients as necessary. Future state will have Advanced Practice Provider to assist with inpatient work.
* Outreach: Weekly outreach one day per week
* FTE: While 1.0 FTE is desirable, open to reduced clinical FTE between 0.8 - 1.0 FTE to support work-life balance or endeavors in research of education.
Must have M.D., D.O. or foreign degree equivalent. Must be eligible for Wisconsin medical license and must be board-certified/board-eligible in Oncology and Hematology, or in final year of ACGME accredited program leading to certification.
Eau Claire, with a metro area of 163,000 is home to the 11,000 students at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Strong schools, low crime rate, and a reasonable cost of living can be found here. With an abundance of outdoor activities and an upcoming music and art scene, the city also serves as the retail center for west central Wisconsin. The major metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul is 90 minutes away. Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is recognized as a Best Hospital in Northwestern Wisconsin and within the top 10 for Hospitals in Wisconsin (U.S. News & World Report, 2019-2020).