Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, in addition to seeing patients, the Medical Director will serve in a consultative manner to the Physician Executive Committee; and provide physician leadershipto the medical staff and serve as a liaison between the medical staff and administration. This role will be florida based and ideally in Tampa but with expansion opportunities outside of Tampa Bay Area.
- Maintain active clinical practice
- Assure medical staff compliance with practices, policies, and algorithms
- Actively participate in quality initiatives
- Provide medical expertise and guidance to medical staff
- Work with medical staff and administration to ensure adequate clinic coverage
- Work with medical staff and administration to ensure adequate hospital coverage
- Actively engage in hiring and contracting of clinical staff
- Serve as mentor and resource to newly hired physicians
- Assist in physician onboarding as asked by Chief Medical Officer
- Work with IPAs and payers as needed to ensure timely patient care and authorizations
- With the Chief Medical Officer, discipline medical staff as neededOther responsibilities as determined by the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Executive Officer, or their designee
- For the clinicians practicing within their respective region.
Education and Experience
- Doctorate degree from an accredited program.
- Must be actively licensed in Florida or willing to get license and be in good standing