Physician-Scientist Clinical Investigator in Scottsdale, AZ
Special opportunity in oncology clinical research
- Free-standing, multidisciplinary institute with focus in Oncology, Cardiovascular Disease and Neurosciences
- Supported by the HonorHealth Office of Transformation and Innovation
The HonorHealth Research & Innovation Institute conducts clinical trials and translational research in multiple disciplines. In oncology we are:
- The largest phase I program in the region focused on providing community oncology patients with cutting edge research
- A growing cellular therapy program with trials in medical oncology and malignant hematology
- Centers of Excellence in pancreatic cancer and cutaneous oncology with transformative therapeutic initiatives
- Rare Tumor Initiative with collaborations across multiple surgical and medical disciplines
The Associate Clinical Investigator develops and conducts clinical/translational research studies that utilize genomics and other biologic information to improve the survival and quality of life for patients with advanced cancer. The Associate Clinical Investigator will be involved with, and have a subspecialty interest in, a tumor type and will be conducting phase I/II clinical trials.
This position requires the equivalent of 4 days a week to be present in the clinic as well as provide coverage as determined by the Medical Director of the Division of Cancer Research in the HonorHealth Research & Innovation Institute. Time in clinic is considered a physical presence in the clinic so as to be readily available for patient care issues. The successful candidate will also have an appointment at the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen). An academic clinical appointment at the level of Assistant, Associate or Professor is available through the College of Medicine, Phoenix campus, University of Arizona.
- M.D. or D.O.
- 3 years oncology clinical cancer research with demonstration of proficiency in oncology patient care and a background in clinical research, development of research programs and participation in effective research teams
- Physician\PHYS - Physician State Licensure by Board of Medical Examiners
- Board-certified in Oncology
HonorHealth offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package as well as transition incentives.
Please send a copy of your CV or resume directly to Thomas Licari:
- Tuition assistance up to $5,250* per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with domestic partner coverage
- 403(b) retirement savings plan that provides immediate vesting and dollar-dollar match up to 4%
- On-site child and elder care centers
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking, discounted bus passes, fitness facilities and much more!
*terms and conditions apply
HonorHealth System Overview:
- Six acute-care hospitals
- Three Level I trauma centers
- 15 Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network locations
- Medical group with 70+ primary, specialty and urgent care locations
- 500+ ongoing clinical trials and studies at the HonorHealth Research Institute
- System-wide, fully integrated Epic EMR
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.