Oncology Opportunity in Montana - Physician Focused!
- Benefis Health System
- Great Falls and Helena Montana (US)
- opportunity to be a high performer with great work life balance
- Closing date
- Feb 17, 2022
- Medical Oncologist, Oncologist / Hematologist
- Breast, Clinical Research Oncology, Clinical Trials Research, Medical Oncology, Oncology Administration
- Full Time
- BC/BE Medical Oncologist, BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist, MD, DO
Benefis Health System has some exciting new Oncology practice opportunities for 2022! We have a very established regional cancer institute located in Great Falls MT and we will be expanding services into a brand new multispecialty facility in Helena MT. Each community has unique practices and we are happy to discuss either opportunity. Benefis is a not-for-profit, facility focused on physician cancer care for the patients we serve. Our physicians pride themselves in being top performers but also have good work life balance to focus on family and the outdoors.
Our team of expert medical and radiation oncologists, nurses, therapists and other cancer care professionals are dedicated to providing advanced cancer treatment, research and education to their fellow Montanans. Equally as important, Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute provides a truly progressive approach to preventing and diagnosing cancer and is ACOS and NAPBC certified with an active multidisciplinary tumor board.
The Great Falls Oncology Clinic includes:
- 4,000 square foot infusion center with 20 chemo chairs and semi-private and private infusion rooms to assure the highest patient experience possible
- onsite infusion supervising nurse, oncology certified pharmacy and great support staff
- procedure rooms capable of performing bone marrow procedures
- accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer since 1981
- a clinical research and clinical trial department with great support staff
- a well attended multidisciplinary tumor board, meeting twice a week
- friendly, appreciative patient population to serve, covering a catchment area of 275,000 in Northcentral Montana
Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute includes:
- 2 medical oncologists, 2 radiation oncologists, 2 oncology support APCs, a dosimetrist, a physicist, therapists, nursing, support staff, 2 clinical supervisors, 1 clinical manager and 1 operations director all in the building.
- 54,000 square foot cancer treatment facility which houses medical oncology, radiation oncology (including Varian Edge), clinical research, diagnostic imaging (including dedicated PET scan), lab services, genetic counseling, cancer resource center, meditation room, and cancer programs
- a dedicated housing facility for our patients and their caregivers to stay at no cost - some patients drive 5-7 hours to receive care at our facility due to our reputation
- a beautiful building complete with an indoor healing atrium, a lazy river and soothing waterfall, massive fireplace, meditation room, med spa, coffee shop and resource library
- opportunity for telehealth visits, outreach and cancer events in the community
- main hospital can be accessed from the cancer center through an indoor tunnel connection for easy access or inpatient transfers if needed
- visit our website: www.benefis.org/bhs/cancer-institute.aspx for more information
Compensation & Benefits
This opportunity is an employed position with Benefis Medical Group. We offer a nationally competitive compensation structure with guaranteed salary and productivity bonuses! Our current physicians perform very well but still have a great schedule supporting work life balance to ensure they are refreshed and able to provide the best care. Our comprehensive benefits include 8 weeks paid vacation, 5% retirement plan match, generous CME, relocation assistance, and malpractice, including tail coverage. Montana also recently announced the state will reimburse up to $12,500 of moving expenses directly to those relocating to Montana to provide medical care.
Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water & snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System
This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 200 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of the Best Places To Work in Healthcare 2014 - 2019.
Benefis Health System, a not-for-profit community asset, was named “One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in 2013” for its commitment to providing the highest level of quality care. We serve nearly 230,000 residents across a 15-county region. Benefis is the largest non-governmental employer in the Great Falls area, with 2,600 employees. Benefis Hospitals has 500 beds (that includes 146 beds in long-term care and 12 beds at Peace Hospice of Montana) and partners with over 250 area physicians. Benefis has been recognized in the top 5 % of hospitals nationwide eight of the last 9 years for its exceptional work in quality care. We provide a wide range of programs and services to help our patients live the best life possible. Our founders' believed in providing good care to all in need, and trusted that this would be accomplished. The Benefis name was derived using Latin root words: "Bene-" meaning good, and "fis-" for faith and trust. It’s these same root words that make up such terms as ‘beneficial’ and ‘confidence’. Benefis has been a trusted provider of care for more than 100 years. And our name speaks to our commitment: good care one can put faith in.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert