Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center, located in Northeast Florida, is actively seeking an experienced medical oncologist to join the Division of Cancer Medicine. This position will implement and oversee the development and growth of Medical Oncology at Baptist Medical Center South and Baptist Medical Center Clay (opening summer 2022), and report to the Head, Division of Cancer Medicine. Successful candidates will be board-certified with a record of clinical and academic accomplishment sufficient for an academic appointment at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of integrated oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides our faculty physicians a rewarding blend of focused patient care and scholastic activity in a hybrid clinical-academic model. Baptist Health is proud to be the region’s most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
- Assist in the development of Cancer Center’s strategic initiatives;
- Manage the program’s clinical growth and development in medical oncology care delivery and quality in collaboration with the Divisions of Cancer Medicine, Surgery and Radiation Oncology;
- Promote professional behaviors and enhance quality of care;
- Recruit other highly qualified faculty members
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to our patient-centered multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer patient care including participation in quality management and research programs.
- Have a minimum of five years of clinical experience;
- Have prior leadership or management experience (preferred)
- Recognize the opportunity and rewards for a systems-based model of medical oncology care within a community setting;
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our program including developing standard protocols for patient care, improving quality metrics and scholarship.
- Receive and provide mentoring and other support to facilitate personal and professional goals
- Demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to establish and maintain an active clinical practice and develop areas of productive scholarship