Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experienced Breast Medical Oncologist to join our organization.
Position Highlights –
- We are seeking a Director of Breast Medical Oncology to join our team of 12 physicians, 7 advanced practitioners, and 6 fellows. Baystate Regional Cancer Program is the region’s only academic cancer program and only program doing clinical research. Our fully integrated program includes radiation, gynecologic, and surgical oncology, and a dedicated oncology inpatient unit.
- Baystate’s dynamic multidisciplinary breast program includes - breast surgeons, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, breast imagers and breast pathologists.
- The clinical emphasis of this position is breast medical oncology; experience in breast cancer clinical trials would be an asset.
- Leadership in breast program would include ensuring guideline driven, evidence-based care throughout our multidisciplinary program.
- The ideal candidate will also serve as principal investigator on breast cancer cooperative group trials and pharmaceutical trials, as well as oversee APPs in Breast Cancer Survivorship Program and High-Risk Program.
- Faculty appointment to UMass Medical School-Baystate included, and opportunity to teach our hem/onc fellows, residents and medical students.
- Certified ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) program. Strong focus on value- and evidence-based care, and quality improvement is a scholarly focus.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: ABMS BC/BE in hematology & oncology with outstanding leadership, clinical, clinical research, and teaching skills. The ideal candidate would be early to mid-career with experience in breast who desires to move ahead in a leadership role.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Grace Makari-Judson, MD, Associate Medical Director, Cancer Services, Co-Director for Rays of Hope Center for Breast Cancer Research
c/o Paige Livingston, FASPR – Physician & APP Recruiter
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.