Hematology/Oncology Medical Director
- Bellingham, Washington
- Competitive compensation, Sign On, Relocation
- Closing date
- Feb 28, 2022
- Medical Director, Medical Oncologist, Hematologist, Oncologist / Hematologist, Director
- Hematologic Oncology, Medical Oncology, Other, Oncology Administration
- Full Time
- BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist
Are you prone to hiking a trail versus riding an elevator? Love the smell of fir trees not the big city smog? Appreciate the benefits of farm to table dining and multicultural culinary experiences? The Pacific Northwest is considered idyllic to those that love the beauty of nature, and organic lifestyle indicative of the region. Come to be at peace, and join the team at PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Director-Hematology/Oncology physician for our beautiful 35,000 sq. ft. CoC-accredited cancer center in Bellingham, Washington located half way between Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. The ideal candidate will be Board Certified with leadership experience, committed to the community, and a collaborative member of the team.
Why You'll Love to Work Here
- Beautiful “all under one roof” treatment facility with abundant natural light and a healing atmosphere
- 4 Medical Oncologists and 3 Radiation Oncologists
- OCN Certified nursing staff
- Nurse navigators, social workers, nutritionists, financial counselors and spiritual support personnel onsite
- Strong support from leadership--including a System Medical Director of Cancer Care
- Growing program with a focus on delivering regional cancer care with a standardization of treatment
- Active Clinical Trials
- Tumor Boards
- Complementary therapies including massage, yoga, meditation, pet and art therapy
- Epic EMR
PeaceHealth's St. Joseph Cancer Center in Bellingham is a hub & spoke model. Our physicians occasionally see patients in Sedro-Woolley, Washington, 22 minutes south where we have an additional, dedicated Medical Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist at PeaceHealth United General Cancer Center. We also have a small infusion center at PeaceHealth Peace Island Medical Center, a critical access hospital in Friday Harbor, Washington and see patients at our 25-bed critical access hospital in Ketchikan, Alaska.
Why You'll Love to Live Here:
Bellingham, Washington is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live.
If the opportunity to join our integrated, physician-led medical group resonates with you, please reach out:
Kim Dianich, Sr. Provider Recruiter: KDianich@peacehealth.org / 360-729-1409
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits
- Competitive compensation, employment bonus and relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance; life and disability insurances
- Two retirement plans
- Excellent health coverage options including dental and vision
- Clinician Wellness Initiatives and more !
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. The Sisters shared expertise and transferred wisdom from one medical center to another, always finding the best way to serve the unmet need for healthcare in their communities. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. Visit us online at peacehealth.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert