Oncologist: Immunotherapy Physician, Clinical Program Director
- The Kellogg Cancer Center of NorthShore University HealthSystem
NorthShore University HealthSystem and Division of Hematology/Oncology, the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, is in search of a physician with extensive clinical experience in solid tumor oncology (ideally lung cancer) and expertise in immunotherapy to oversee clinical programs, clinical and translational immunotherapy research, and to interface with programs outside of cancer. Must be board certified in Medical Oncology.
The new Program Director will enjoy NorthShore’s strong administrative support, agile implementation of initiatives and excellent clinical partners across the system, as well as significant funding.
- Provide quality patient care within a highly successful, groundbreaking organization known for being a premier cancer care program
- Oversee specialty specific cancer research and broader immunotherapy research including clinical trials development and implementation, and translational research utilizing an extensive biorepository and databases
- Collaborate with molecular pathology, personalized medicine, NorthShore Research Institute, Genomic Health Initiative, and other programs
- Academic appointment to the University of Chicago
- On-site clinical molecular pathology laboratory
- Access to an extensive network of services to help deliver the best in patient care (1,000 physicians practicing in more than 130 offices throughout Chicago's northern suburbs)
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly-favorable compensation plan Generous stipend (in addition to clinical earnings) Medical, dental & vision plans Retirement - including 403(b) & Income Deferral Plan Tuition reimbursement for spouse, partner and dependents Ample paid time off & paid holidays Professional & clinical development programs
About Kellogg Cancer Center & NorthShore
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) as a premier medical provider for practicing the highest standards for quality cancer care.
- Accredited by The Commission on Cancer as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program
- Ranked as one of the “Most Wired” hospital systems and "Top 15 Teaching Hospital" in the U.S.
- Modern, fully integrated healthcare system that includes four hospitals - Evanston Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital, Highland Park Hospital, and Skokie Hospital, and interfacing with the other 5 hospitals in the broader network
NorthShore is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system with nine hospitals and more than 2,400 affiliated physicians, including 975 members of the NorthShore University HealthSystem Medical Group with more than 140 practice locations. Chicago’s northern suburbs are ideally situated along and near Lake Michigan, just minutes from downtown Chicago. These welcoming communities boast outstanding schools, low crime rates, diverse housing options, award-winning cycling and walking paths, and numerous recreational activities for the whole family.