Many choose to spend their vacations where we call home. Known for rocky coastlines, sandy beaches, sparkling lakes and breathtaking mountains, Maine offers much more to those lucky enough to live, work and raise families here. Come practice in a location that provides unsurpassed natural beauty, safe communities, excellent schools and nearly unlimited four-season outdoor recreation.
The MaineHealth Cancer Care Network (MHCCN) is actively seeking medical oncologists, hematologists and cancer geneticists to join MaineHealth Medical Group’s Oncology Program, Maine Medical Center’s Division of Medical Oncology and our statewide oncology program – the MaineHealth Cancer Care Network. The network is a coordinated system of care in which 11 MaineHealth partner hospitals and organizations work together to deliver the highest quality cancer care to patients as close to home as possible. The network provides a complete array of cancer care, including surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, and is a member of the NCI Community Oncology Research (NCORP) Program.
Maine Medical Center (MMC) has 637 licensed beds and is the state’s leading tertiary care hospital and Level I Trauma Center with a full complement of residencies and fellowships and serves as the flagship of MaineHealth’s integrated delivery system in southern and central Maine and New Hampshire. Selected candidates will have a role in our undergraduate hematology/oncology curriculum as part of the MaineTrack expansion through our affiliation with the Tufts University School of Medicine, participate in our nascent hematology/oncology program commencing July 2023, and receive a faculty appointment at the appropriate rank at Tufts University.
- Cancer Risk Genetics we are seeking a full-time medical oncologist with expertise in cancer genetic risk assessment and counseling and possess demonstrable expertise in the areas of predictive and preventive oncology, with a focus on the assessment and management of hereditary cancer susceptibility disorders. Additional expertise in molecular oncology is highly desirable and would add enormous value to our organization.
- Breast Medical Oncologist – we are currently seeking an established breast medical oncologist devoted to breast cancer care, clinical trials among a range of collaborative research endeavors devoted to breast health and cancer.
- Medical Oncologists/Hematologist we are currently seeking general medical oncologists in three of our MaineHealth communities at Pen Bay Medical Center, a 99-bed, full-service community hospital located directly on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean in Rockport; St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, a 233-bed acute care facility located in Lewiston just 1 hour north of Portland and 3 hours north of Boston; and Southern Maine Health Care, a 150-bed full service medical center with medical offices providing outpatient care located in Biddeford, Kennebunk, Saco, Sanford and Waterboro less than 90 minutes to Boston.
- Associate Medical Director, Oncology/Hematology this newly created leadership position located at St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, will be responsible for the continued growth and development of our regional practices, in collaboration with the Senior Medical Director of our large network of cancer providers.
- Hematologist This new physician will be expected to be expert in the spectrum of disorders comprising benign hematology, and especially hemostasis and thrombosis. Clinical care and hematology expertise will comprise inpatient benign hematology consult service, outpatient clinics devoted to benign hematology, develop a cohesive MHMG primary care practices Anticoagulation Stewardship program in partnership with our robust hospital-based Department of Pharmacy, participate in our Hemophilia Program and Hemostasis and Thrombosis (HaT) Committee.
These are outstanding opportunities to practice in beautiful, culturally rich areas, while being affiliated with a health system with award winning programs, nationally recognized physicians, and cutting edge technology.
Maine Medical Partners is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive environment that is welcoming to diverse faculty.
Interested candidates may submit a CV and cover letter to Gina Mallozzi, Physician Recruiter at Gina.Mallozzi@mainehealth.org. Visit us at the 2022 ASCO meeting at Booth CF4.