Come join our fast-growing, nationally recognized Hoag Hospital located in sunny Orange County, California. The Hoag Family Cancer Institute (HFCI), Division of Medical Oncology is seeking applicants for a medical oncologist with a urologic/ genitourinary cancer concentration and clinical research focus to join the Division as Medical Director, Genitourinary (GU) Oncology . The position will be an active member of multi-disciplinary genitourinary oncology programs and a member of the Hoag Family Cancer Institute leadership team and focus on program development and leadership within the HFCI GU Cancer Program, clinical care, clinical trial research, and outreach.
Orange County's top choice for cancer care, as ranked in the top 10% in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Hoag Family Cancer Institute's national recognition is based on subspecialized cancer programs, precision medicine using genomic technologies, extensive clinical trials and research, led by oncology specialists dedicated to the early detection, diagnosis and expert treatment of cancer.
Hoag’s multidisciplinary team of experts provides streamlined access to the full array of advanced cancer diagnosis and treatment options. The multi-disciplinary team consists of board-certified medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, oncologic surgeons, interventional pulmonologists, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, and nurse navigators.
The Hoag Family Cancer Institute has two primary campuses in Newport Beach and Irvine, CA, including a new dedicated Cancer hospital that will open in 2025.
Position Details & Qualifications:
- Must have or be eligible for California State Medical licensure
- Doctor of Medicine Degree and American Board Certified in Oncology and Fellowship trained in Hematology Oncology.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a medical oncologist specializing in genitourinary oncology
- Must be well versed in the latest clinical research of state of cancer care for genitourinary and Urologic oncology
- Active as a principal investigator in all phases of clinical research for genitourinary cancer.
- A passion for providing excellent clinical care and excellent communication skills and interest in working in a collaborative / team-oriented environment are a must.
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Hoag Hospital
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive Compensation Package