Come join our fast-growing, nationally recognized Hoag Hospital located in sunny Orange County, California! The Hoag Family Cancer Institute (HFCI), Division of Medical Oncology is seeking applicants for a Medical Oncologist. The position will be an active member of multi-disciplinary oncology programs and a member of the Hoag Family Cancer Institute. We are seeking a compassionate individual who will collaborate well with a multidisciplinary team to accurately assess patient needs and develop treatment plans and monitor patient progress to best support their care needs.
Orange County's top choice for cancer care, as ranked in the top 10% in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Hoag Family Cancer Institute's national recognition is based on subspecialized cancer programs, precision medicine using genomic technologies, extensive clinical trials, and research, led by oncology specialists dedicated to the early detection, diagnosis, and expert treatment of cancer.
Hoag’s multidisciplinary team of experts provides streamlined access to the full array of advanced cancer diagnosis and treatment options. The multi-disciplinary team consists of board-certified medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, oncologic surgeons, interventional pulmonologists, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, and nurse navigators.
The Hoag Family Cancer Institute has two primary campuses in Newport Beach and Irvine, CA, including a new dedicated Cancer hospital opening in 2025.
Position Details & Qualifications:
- Must have or be eligible for California State Medical licensure
- Doctor of Medicine Degree and American Board Certified in Oncology and Fellowship trained in Oncology.
- Experience as a general medical oncologist with exposure into treatments such as such as chemotherapy, medications, and hormones. Knowledge of the latest techniques in diagnosis, surgery, and radiation therapy, as well as newer techniques such as interventional radiology and immunotherapy.
- Must be well versed in the latest clinical research of state of cancer care
- A passion for providing excellent clinical care and excellent communication skills and interest in working in a collaborative / team-oriented environment are a must.
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Hoag Hospital
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Package