At the direction of the DCC Medical Oncology Section Chief, develops new breast cancer research clinical trials, provides care to patients with a breast cancer diagnosis, and participates in cancer educational programs.
- Clinical, Teaching and Administrative Responsibilities (20%)
- Provide clinical excellence and coordination of care to breast cancer patients at DCC Lebanon as a member of the DCC Comprehensive Breast Cancer Program.
- Participate in subspecialty and interdisciplinary clinics.
- Actively participate in quality and patient safety improvement initiatives.
- Meet RVU benchmark as established by DHC per specialty.
- Respond promptly and with professionalism to medical oncology consult requests when on consult service.
- Communicate in an efficient manner with the hospitalists, radiologists, pathologists, and subspecialists in order to offer best clinical care.
- Teach medical and PA/NP students at the Lebanon main campus.
- Participate in teaching activities within the hematology and oncology fellowship program.
- Participate in Hematology/Oncology section and institutional CME programs.
- Integrate with the faculty and staff of the Comprehensive Breast Program to foster research opportunities, enhance communication and jointly develop the subspecialty program.
- Attend and represent DCC in community events.
- Research Responsibilities (80%)
- The Physician will commit 80% of their time to developing a vibrant translational and clinical research program focused on breast cancer prevention, screening, or treatment, which may or may not include lab-based activities.
- Physician will create and expand clinical trials In breast cancer to Include investigator-initiated studies based on Dartmouth science, NCI network trials, and industry-sponsored studies
- Contribute to clinical research activities as part of patient care.
- Completion of an approved fellowship program in oncology and hematology with board eligible/board certification in this specialty and experience in the clinical care of Hematology/Oncology patients.
- A valid NH medical license is required as is credentialing at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.