Perform manual bone marrow and peripheral blood differentials to assist the Hematopathologist. Coordinate bone marrow cases with flow cytometric data and other clinical information for review by the Hematopathologist. Perform review of bone marrow smears to assess stain quality and possible need for repeats. Assist with establishment of SOPS and training protocols for the performance of manual differentials.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze and perform differentials on a variety of peripheral blood and bone marrow smears to assist the hematopathology team.
- Coordinate bone marrow cases.
- Select and review slides to obtain the most reliable differential count.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Perform differentials by established procedures for clinical testing as required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable computer systems and software.
- Perform department duties as set forth in the department training checklist(s).
- Interpret quality control results according to established departmental procedures.
- Regulatory compliance
5 years of clinical hematology experience required.
Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent.
Laboratory personnel participating in licensure or certification maintenance programs must complete the number of continuing education hours prescribed by their licensing or certifying agency.
Technical laboratory personnel whose certification has been grandfathered and does not require participation in a certification maintenance program must complete at least twelve hours of continuing education annually.
Specialization in Hematopathology (SH) is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or other life science with completion of at least a 12 month training program in Medical Technology
Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and 5 years of training and/or experience in the specialty of hematology; training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
Location: CSI Laboratories (A Fulgent Genetics Company), Alpharetta, Georgia