As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will collaborate in cross-functional teams to design, implement and continually improve advanced computational pipelines for high-throughput analysis of multiple types of NGS data. You will refine methodologies for data analysis, processing, visualization and storage. You will strive to maximize efficiency, quality, reliability and customer usability and satisfaction.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
Research and Development
- Investigate and compare available algorithms, methods and data sources.
- Make recommendations for pipeline component improvements, or new pipelines.
- Write SOPs for new or updated pipeline components, or new pipelines.
- Write specifications for implementation by software developers.
- Oversee pipeline development and integration.
Production and Customer Support
- Investigate and resolve analysis and pipeline production issues.
- Review client projects for compatibility with current pipelines, make recommendations and implement customizations as needed.
- Oversee sequencing service projects, ensuring timely processing, quality results and client satisfaction.
- Support software and LIMS developers in automation efforts.
- Perform specialized analyses as needed for specific projects.
- Keep up-to-date with current best practices and emerging methods.
- Treat data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Investigate available annotation and reference data sources.
- Validate and deploy/update selected data sources.
- Write reports detailing validation/update methodology and results.
- Write SOPs for updating existing or new data sources.
- Develop appropriate procedures for testing and validation of new or updated pipelines or pipeline components.
- Document and maintain data used for testing and validation.
- Write validation reports detailing validation methodology and results.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. degree from an accredited institution in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a related scientific discipline (Bioinformatics preferred).
- Experience analyzing multiple types of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data, and facility with statistics for big data analysis and multi-omics data integration.
- Strong hands-on skills in bioinformatics databases, bioinformatics tools and relevant programming languages.
- Must enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to communicate in an open, transparent, timely and consistent manner.
- Experience in team software development and integration projects is a plus.