The Providence Cancer Institute is seeking a full-time medical oncologist specializing in breast cancer to join a comprehensive, coordinated team of breast cancer specialists on the Providence St. Vincent Medical Center campus, in the Providence Westside Oncology Clinic. The position benefits from a built-in referral base of an extensive network of primary care clinics and a large integrated health system that spans 51 hospitals in 7 states.
- Full-time position; competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical care and research of breast cancers required
- Access to state of the art molecular pathology and deep sequencing capabilities, as well as comprehensive medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology and palliative care and integrative medicine services
- Collaboration with research team in support of clinical research programs, basic and translational immunology, and immune-genomic laboratories
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the growth of a Breast-focused clinical translational research effort
Where You'll Work
Providence Cancer Institute of Oregon brings together the leading cancer specialists, clinical and research teams of Providence, including the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute in the Robert W. Franz Cancer Center on the campus of Providence Portland Medical Center, as well as top-rated Oncology clinics in hospitals across the Oregon region. Multidisciplinary, tumor-site-specific teams work together to give patients and their families the best care possible and access to the most promising clinical trials and advanced technology.
Where You'll Live
Portland is rich in character and culture, with strong neighborhood identities and community bonds that defy its population of 2.3 million. Home of the Portland Trail Blazers, “Rip City” is ranked No. 8 in the Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report, based on its high quality of life and thriving job market. A foodie mecca, Portland is ideally situated between waterfalls, beaches, Mt. Hood skiing and hiking trails, forests and the Columbia River Gorge.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission – to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran