Welcome to our Global Medical Affairs, Capabilities Talent Pipeline candidate landing page. Here, you will have access to submit your name, information, resume and work experience for consideration for all current and future roles in our Oncology Business Unit. In our Global Medical Affairs Capabilities Teams, we commonly hire Medical Information, Oncology Medical Training, Digital Innovation and MSL Excellence. Below, you will find information on Duties and responsibilities for our roles. We can't wait to hear from you!
About OBU Medical Affairs:
In Medical Affairs, we change the practice of medicine and improve the patient experience by generating and communicating compelling medical evidence. We translate the wealth of medical and scientific expertise to ensure the data we produce helps physicians to better treat patients at every point in the journey. Valued partners across the enterprise, we rely on working together and sharing knowledge to combine science and strategy in a way that advances our pipeline and progresses our journey to redefine cancer treatment. We are a high-performing team within a global, growing organisation – our culture is one of openness and transparency, fused with ambition and drive. A supportive and trusting place to grow your career, each of us is empowered to take a tailored approach to our development, driving the pace and direction. Come and be part of a talented, cross-functional team working together to improve lives and make the biggest possible impact for patients, science and society.
Common Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate scientific and business expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify scientific information to meet customer needs
- Monitor the medical environment (including medical inquiries) and apply scientific expertise, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge, to impact Brand/Therapeutic Area strategy
- Provide scientific training to the Brand/Therapeutic Area Medical Information colleagues
- Provide staffing support for the Medical Information booth at scientific conventions
Oncology Medical Training
The Oncology Medical Training (OMT) function at AstraZeneca is a tumour-aligned, specialist scientific training team – where a passion for science, expertise in adult learning principles, and a curiosity to push boundaries meets with our commitment to improving patient outcomes. The OMT function plays a critical role in ensuring our Medical teams excel in the scientific knowledge and capabilities (skills) required to facilitate meaningful engagement with the clinical community and reinforce our position as leaders in Oncology.
Advances in digitalization, data, and advance analytics are changing health care, and pharma is positioned to capitalize on these advancements to improve patient care and outcomes. AstraZeneca would like to lead in this area and has prioritized digital in OBU Medical as a critical strategic area of focus. OBU Medical’s ambition is to transform healthcare, powered by digital, science and collaborations, to deliver the healthcare outcomes and experience that patients care about the most.
The MSL Excellence team is set to uphold the standards for oncology field medical teams across AstraZeneca. This team consists of five MSL Excellence Managers and Directors, and is a member of the Oncology Medical Excellence Leadership Team. They plan the vision for the future of Field Medical at AstraZeneca and drives the implementation of new innovations in scientific exchange.
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline or applicable health sciences field (Master’s Degree or higher) or a Bachelor’s Degree with clinical experience
- Extensive experience in oncology
- Significant Medical Affairs experience in pharmaceutical industry (5 years plus)
- Experience in creating and implementing training programs, and understanding of adult learning principles
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing medical strategy and medical plans
- Demonstrated experience in managing a budget
- Demonstrated project management experience with a proven record of driving impact
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.