Welcome to our Oncology Medical Science Liaison Talent Pipeline candidate landing page. Here, you will have access to submit your name, information, resume and work experience for consideration for all current and future roles in our Oncology Business Unit. Our Field-based Oncology Medical Science Liaison teams collaborate within our US Medical Affairs teams to provide strategic resources around the US! We can't wait to hear from you!
About OBU Medical Affairs:
In Medical Affairs, we change the practice of medicine and improve the patient experience by generating and communicating compelling medical evidence. We translate the wealth of medical and scientific expertise to ensure the data we produce helps physicians to better treat patients at every point in the journey. Valued partners across the enterprise, we rely on working together and sharing knowledge to combine science and strategy in a way that advances our pipeline and progresses our journey to redefine cancer treatment. We are a high-performing team within a global, growing organisation – our culture is one of openness and transparency, fused with ambition and drive. A supportive and trusting place to grow your career, each of us is empowered to take a tailored approach to our development, driving the pace and direction. Come and be part of a talented, cross-functional team working together to improve lives and make the biggest possible impact for patients, science and society.
Common Duties and Responsibilities
The Oncology Medical Science Liaison/Sr. (MSL), is a field-based professional with scientific, clinical, and therapeutic area expertise. You are responsible for providing medical and scientific support for AstraZeneca's oncology marketed products, new indications for current products, and compounds in development. The Oncology MSL engages in scientific exchange with targeted Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Decision Makers (KDMs), and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) consistent with Medical Affairs and Therapeutic Brand Teams’ objectives.
As an Oncology. MSL you will provide actionable information that enhances the value and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s products to internal stakeholders; respond to customer inquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s products and services and deliver appropriate clinical and scientific information that clinically differentiates AstraZeneca’s products.
Additional accountabilities include adhering to internal standard processes and complying with regulatory and compliance requirements along with sustaining expertise in disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and recipient of M.D., D.O. or equivalent Ph.D. degree
- Board certification/eligibility preferred in internal medicine or a related relevant specialty, Oncology preferred.
- Background in practicing medicine, clinical research, and familiarity with biostatistics, epidemiology and health outcomes preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong business acumen, including working knowledge of changing U.S. payer and provider landscape.
- Proven ability to interact productively with both commercial and scientific colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with OPDP, PhRMA code, and key regulations in the pharmaceutical industry
- Highest level of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally. Travel will be up to ~30% of time
- Advanced degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing or equivalent
- 0-2+ years of experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, scientific marketing, or clinical development
- Knowledge of oncology customer segments and market dynamics in targeted geography
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Experience with clinical research
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to travel (40-60% by car and plane domestic)
- Doctorate in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing or equivalent
- Familiarity with the drug discovery and drug development process
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in Oncology (academia, pharmaceutical, or other)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.