Welcome to our Global Medical Affairs Talent Pipeline candidate landing page. Here, you will have access to submit your name, information, resume and work experience for consideration for all current and future roles in our Oncology Business Unit. In our Global Medical Affairs teams, we commonly hire Global Medical Affairs Leaders, and Sr. Global Medical Affairs Leaders. Below, you will find information on Duties and responsibilities for our roles. We can't wait to hear from you!
About OBU Medical Affairs:
In Medical Affairs, we change the practice of medicine and improve the patient experience by generating and communicating compelling medical evidence. We translate the wealth of medical and scientific expertise to ensure the data we produce helps physicians to better treat patients at every point in the journey. Valued partners across the enterprise, we rely on working together and sharing knowledge to combine science and strategy in a way that advances our pipeline and progresses our journey to redefine cancer treatment. We are a high-performing team within a global, growing organisation – our culture is one of openness and transparency, fused with ambition and drive. A supportive and trusting place to grow your career, each of us is empowered to take a tailored approach to our development, driving the pace and direction. Come and be part of a talented, cross-functional team working together to improve lives and make the biggest possible impact for patients, science and society.
Common Duties and Responsibilities
As a Sr. Global Medical Affairs Lead (Sr GMAL) in Oncology, you will play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing practice and patients’ lives.
The Sr. GMAL/GMAL will provide medical leadership for the GMT (Global Medical Team), lead the medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support launch and lifecycle management globally.
Core accountabilities of this role are:
- Provide a leadership and coordinated approach to building AstraZeneca’s medical leadership and deliver medical insight into the development and execution of a medical affairs strategy.
- Oversee and support the development and execution of an integrated medical plans (evidence generation and scientific communications), interactions with global external experts, scientific exchange, medical education, diagnostics and patient centric initiatives.
- Lead development and execution of global External Sponsored Research (ESR) and Early Access Program (EAP) strategies and align with AstraZeneca Global Medical Affairs and Marketing Countries on local implementation.
- Partner closely with cross-functional colleagues, including marketing companies, development, early research, regulatory, commercial, access, health outcomes and other key functions to help build alignment on key initiatives including optimal approach to data generation, scientific communication and supporting access.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the brand with other members of the Medical Affairs teams
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Medical Affairs experience or relevant medical/clinical experience minimum 3 years.
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payer access issues
- Oncology experience
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- The candidate is expected to have strong leadership skills, strategic thinking and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams including development, marketing, and access
- Track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications and external expert engagements
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.