Genmab’s Medical Communications and Information mission is to support the development of high quality medical content to ensure clear, scientific communication of Genmab’s pipeline medicines.
The Senior Manager of Medical Communications will manage the global publication strategy for Genmab’s Oncology product(s). The individual will be part of a global matrix team leading the planning, integration and timely execution of publications and related scientific communications content.
This role will be report to the Senior Director of Medical Communications and Information within Global Medical Affairs and will require onsite presence in Princeton, NJ.
- Drive the development, implementation, and execution of a global medical communication plan
- Serve as the subject matter expert on publication-related matters establishing strong working closely with both internal and external disease-area experts to ensure high quality analysis, interpretation, communication, and publication planning of data
- In development of a strategic publication plan, the individual will 1) Develop cross-functional core publication team with key global stakeholders 2)Anticipate risks and identify solutions publication planning with core publication team members 3) Develop and execute an encore strategy
- Manage annual budget and work within allocated resources, ensuring contracts, SOWs and invoices are submitted accurately and within a timely manner to ensure high quality deliverables
- Liaise with agency/vendor partners to ensure timely delivery of quality publication by providing direction, reviewing developed content, and ensuring process is consistent with Genmab SOPs
- Promote and reinforce good publication practices and principles among authors and internal stakeholders ensuring all medical publications are being authored, written and reviewed according to GPP3 and Genmab SOPs
- Develop Scientific Content deliverables (including but not limited to, scientific and communication platform, FAQs, and materials for reactive materials for field medical use) ensuring alignment with the publication plan, obtaining insights from key stakeholders, ensuring development of materials are relevant, strategic and scientifically differentiating medical communications that align with overall asset development strategy
- Attend scientific congresses to help cover sessions and staff the global medical affairs booth educating congress attendees on the scientific content within the booth, including Genmab’s technology and pipeline assets
Moreover, the following professional experience are preferred:
- Advanced degree: PharmD, PhD or MD in a science subject or biomedical degree preferred; Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) desirable.
- Oncology/Hematology experience strongly preferred
- 1+ years in medical writing and relevant industry work experience; expert in medical communications
- Experience in aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process
- Ability to drive and execute within a large matrix, cross-functional team
- Familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision)
- Ability to travel domestically and international approximately 5-10% of time