Do you have expertise in, and passion for early stage clinical development?
Are you looking to work at the cutting-edge, where scientific innovations and an entrepreneurial spirit are the norm?
Join the team at the heart of AstraZeneca that is committed and encouraged to follow the science in Oncology R&D.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We have a bold ambition to provide cures for cancer in every form. We are following the science to understand cancer and all its complexities to discover, develop and deliver life-changing treatments and increase the potential to save the lives of people around the world.
One area of significant investment is to build internal infrastructure to be a leader in next generation of products in Oncology. Using historical expertise in biologics engineering, gene editing and immune expertise across solid and hematological malignancies, AstraZeneca is uniquely positioned to develop the best technologies and is already growing a differentiated pipeline.
About Early Clinical Development Medical Directors
Our Medical Directors, at all levels, possess a clinical background and are driven by science and the desire to develop novel therapies for cancer patients to work in our dynamic Early Clinical Development team. You will have a proficiency in the drug development process, particularly early phase clinical trials, protocol writing and study conduct, data review and reconciliation, and what it takes to lead teams successfully. This position offers the opportunity for growth and development while working in a vibrant environment.
AstraZeneca is in a period of tremendous growth and acceleration in the oncology portfolio. This is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment where, with growing levels of responsibility. Typical responsibilities may include:
• Provide long-range clinical planning in early clinical trial development, planning and managing of clinical research projects and clinical development programs in oncology.
• Serve as the Project Medical Monitor while working in a cross functional environment with representatives from other involved line functions as well as Late-Stage Development.
• Contribute to and support Department/Clinical initiatives to improve the quality and content of all clinical programs as well as the cross functional/organization processes designed to effectively deliver our R&D portfolio.
• Establish and approve scientific methods for design and implementation of applicable clinical protocols, data collection systems, and final reports;
• Play a role in designing clinical development plans and overall strategy for compounds, therapeutic classes of compounds or indications in light of developments in the area of clinical and pharmaceutical oncology;
• Participate in identification, selection and conduct of negotiations with clinical research centers and investigators;
• Participate in the selection and management activities of CROs; Supervise project team members in planning, conducting and evaluating clinical trials;
• Lead all aspects of planning and management of investigator meetings, advisory boards and other scientific committees.
• M.D or MD./Ph.D. degree or equivalent. Strong preference for individuals with clinical training in oncology or hemato-oncology
• At least several years of experience in clinical research and/or oncology drug development in pharmaceutical, academic or CRO environment.
• PhD in a relevant research area is preferred.
• Significant experience in the pharmaceutical/life sciences industry in a function aligned to clinical development and early or late stage clinical trials
• Medical specialty and sub-specialty training and Board Certification
• Excellent oral and written skills, strong interpersonal and listening skills with a focus on results and sound outcomes
• Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
• High level of emotional intelligence; able to deal with ambiguity
• Able to relate to varied level audiences across the organization; able to set priorities for team and maintain accountability; skillful in negotiating organizational boundaries and hierarchy; able to build effective teams
• Experience in molecular oncology and/or translational science
Find out more:
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en