Norton Cancer Institute is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible neuro-oncologist to join our multidisciplinary Norton Healthcare Brain Tumor Center, which sees over 300 new brain tumor patients annually.
The Norton Healthcare Brain Tumor Center, a joint effort between Norton Cancer Institute and Norton Neuroscience Center is the region’s largest, most comprehensive neuro-oncology program and serves our continually growing patient population through patient care as well as clinical trials. The multidisciplinary staff includes neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, behavioral oncologists, neuro-psychologists, speech-language therapists, and neurological rehabilitation specialists, all coordinated by a dedicated neuro-oncology patient navigator.
Our physicians stay on the leading edge of technology and oncology innovation through access to more than 200 clinical trials, including Phase 1 trials and next-generation sequencing, to provide the latest targeted therapies. Named a Center of Excellence in radiation oncology, the center offers the latest in stereotactic radiosurgery through the use of TrueBeam STX. In addition, a comprehensive neurosurgery program uses state-of-the-art technology and expertise to offer minimally invasive neurosurgical care, including innovations such as laser interstitial thermal therapy and intraoperative neurosurgical robotics. As a multidisciplinary program, the Brain Tumor Center offers a suite of treatment options for every patient. Patient outcomes are tracked and reported at national meetings annually, including the Society for Neuro-Oncology.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Candidate can be either a board-certified neurologist or board-certified oncologist with neuro-oncology training preferred
- No required stroke call for neurology-based providers and no benign hematology call for oncology providers
- Ability to create a case mix based on individual career interest
- Opportunity to join mature practice composed of a team of providers who have been working together for over a decade
- Competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Medical malpractice and tail coverage provided
- Competitive sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Continuing medical education and dues allowance
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
About Norton Cancer Institute:
- One of the largest comprehensive oncology practices in the region
- Access to over 200 clinical trials, including Phase 1 Trials
- Collaborative team of more than 100 specialists
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer and by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Multidisciplinary clinics and more than 35 monthly tumor boards for brain, breast, genitourinary, lung, gynecologoic, and head and neck cancers
- Nine outpatient oncology office locations, 10 infusion locations and three radiation centers
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity