Come and join our journey at AstraZeneca to become the leader in Oncology. Our pipeline is one of the deepest and broadest in the industry, with countless new indications and targets. It’s an exciting opportunity to get our medicines to market, work with cutting-edge science, and be involved in the next big thing.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have created and strategically acquired one of the most promising oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do varied meaningful work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of creating life-changing medicine.
The Senior Director, Nurse Education (NE) & Marketing will be responsible for developing our Nurse Education Marketing strategy and leading its execution across all of our US Oncology therapeutic areas. The Director, Nurse Education & Marketing collaborates appropriately with cross-functional leadership and leads the NE marketing team and nurse educator field teams to educate HCPs to support the treatment of patients and the safe and effective use of AZ products with clinically relevant, evidence-based, fit for purpose nursing practice and clinical education. :
- Direct the creation and execution of the US nurse education strategy and tactics to support HCP/nurse education and management before, during, and after therapy
- Define a strategy to meet program objectives. Cross-functionally establish success metrics and ensure team clarity and accountability in meeting and/or exceeding stated objectives/metrics
- Lead a team of marketers for Oncology Nurse Education across disease areas and franchises.
- Serve as a role model for living AZ values who diligently and consistently upholds our ethical standards and compliance expectations.
- Represent the Oncology Nurse Educator team to Franchise Leadership Team and champion opportunities for Oncology Nurse Educators to contribute towards PM&NE vision in achieving AstraZeneca Leadership
- Support engagement with nursing medicine professional societies to understand the broader Oncology landscape; assess, identify and act on opportunities and challenges through partnerships
- Strategically implement unbranded speaker programs and KOL round tables at the national level as necessary to achieve objectives
- Manage and lead the team to coordinate activities and marketing educational efforts during product launches and measure impact through appropriate non-sales qualitative and quantitative measures of performance
- Coach and develop a team ( marketing, and field directors) to maximize their contribution and growth potential
- Manage budget and promote effective utilization of resources
- Requires approximately 40% domestic and international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (BSN, BS, BA, Life Science)
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience leading teams working in diverse disease areas
- Experience developing and coaching team to establish their own unique identity, skill-set, and expertise
- Strong clinical acumen
- Experience leading the development of Annual Marketing Plan, Launch Plan, Cross Brand initiatives
- Experience negotiating and establishing clear ways of working with Brand and Cross-functional teams
- Experience leading leadership reviews, critical thinking, and delivering unique insights/perspectives
- Strategic thinker, leader, trusted manager, team player, and a good communicator
- Masters’ degree or higher in Nursing, Business, Life Sciences, Medical, or Pharmacy (RN, MSN, NP, MBA, Ph. D., MD, or PharmD)
- Ability to lead and influence through change; make decisions in ambiguity
- Ability to engage, motivate and lead cross-functional teams; strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Launch experience of Oncology diagnostics, anatomical or molecular diagnostic products, and/or therapeutic marketing
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long-term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven demonstration of effective cross-functional project team leadership
- Relevant experience with broader US oncology market landscape and stakeholders (healthcare ecosystem, patient advocacy groups, professional societies, payers, etc.)
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
- At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more? Our Social Media
Follow AstraZeneca on: