At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Global Director – GI Training is responsible for the oversight, strategic direction, and leadership of the training program supporting the newly created GI franchise team to meet the needs across the US and Global markets. Through the efforts of team members, the Director is expected to lead the supporting training team to develop a well-rounded training program that includes clinical acumen, business acumen, and other skills and capabilities required for success across our customer-facing teams. The incumbent will work with sales, brand, medical, and other cross-functional leaders in the US, ex-US, and across any related Alliance, teams to create training and development strategies and ensures alignment with business unit priorities to program objectives. This position is also responsible for collaborating with markets outside the US to ensure access to training programs to meet their needs in both the pre and post-launch environments.
This position is based ON SITE at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for the US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit. The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, a full-service cafeteria, state-of-the-art on-campus Daycare facility, and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
Works directly with internal stakeholders, training managers, US and Global lead to understand the current and future learning needs of the business. Responsible for creating the annual training plan that aligns to the annual Business Strategic Plan and ensures the necessary resources and supports are available to enable the GI team to design, develop, and prioritize high-quality impactful learning innovations and experiences.
- Anticipates market changes and ensures that the annual plan is revised and training programs are created to proactively address those changes.
- Able to successfully collaborate across any related Alliance teams to ensure streamlined planning, innovation, and execution of critical training programs to support the brands.
- Establishes strong cross-functional relationships across the product, marketing, and existing internal training teams to develop a scalable global training program for all appropriate commercial teams (sales & non-sales)
- Leads the identification, deployment, and promotion of the most effective and innovative practices across the department; including launches.
- Leads teams to evaluate program metrics as a means of determining training impact in areas for growth and of success.
- Leads team members to achieve a customer-focused and performance-driven culture that supports innovation, simplification, measurement, and excellence in learning development and delivery.
- Creates synergies across the teams to create cost savings collaboration and to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Travel up to 15%
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required
· Minimum of 10 years of a blend of pharmaceutical/biotech/oncology experience required
· Minimum of 3 years of management experience required
· Demonstrated vision around innovation in learning and priorities needed for successful
commercial learning and selling skills programs
· Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent preferred
· Minimum of 5 years of Oncology experience with therapeutic area focus preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of Training Experience or other specialized role preferred
· Experience in global markets preferred
· Experience with managing copromotion relationships preferred
Skills & Competencies:
· Consultative abilities; demonstrated experience identifying internal client needs and making appropriate recommendations for the most effective L&D solutions
· Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions, innovation innovative choices, and take and manage risks in developing learning solutions that support the achievement of brand objectives
· Negotiation abilities; demonstrated experience working with leadership across functions to identify common areas of need and gain consensus on forwarding strategies that will deliver desired results
· Technical breadth across multiple disease areas; ability to demonstrate aptitude for continued knowledge development
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author persuasive communications
· Demonstrated people leadership abilities to include talent selection and coaching team members leading to success in role
· Strong project team management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective procurement and planning of resources and establishing viable project milestones and final deadlines
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve functional area challenges
· Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives.
· Experience managing vendor partner relationships and leading that partnership to ensure innovative assets are created, delivered on time, and within budget
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#oncology #theplacetOBU #astrazenecacareers