Director of Oncology Research
- United Kingdom (GB)
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Closing date
- Jul 3, 2022
- Immuno-Oncology, Laboratory-Based Research, Multispecialty, Pharmaceutical
- Full Time
- PHD, MD / PHD, MS, BS
Director of Oncology Research
Join a pioneering biotech with a collegial atmosphere and a passion for harnessing every individual’s unique set of skills in our fight against disease.
At Immunocore, we have a vision to transform the way we understand and treat the most challenging medical conditions of our time, including cancer, autoimmune disorders and infection. In January 2022, in the U.S., we launched the world’s first T-cell receptor therapy, built on a novel technology designed to overcome the limitations of our natural immune systems.
Joining us at the most exciting time in our history, you will be part of a team that values trust and innovation, and that cherishes different ways of thinking.
This position is located in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
The Director of Oncology Research will build and lead a team of scientists in the development of a strong and sustainable preclinical pipeline of targeted immune engagers for the treatment of cancer. This individual will work closely with internal and external collaborators to enhance Immunocore’s capabilities in preclinical cancer research, implementing state of the art systems and technologies to explore emerging concepts in cancer. In addition, the Director of Oncology Research will interface with clinical development and translational medicine to bring learnings from Immunocore’s ongoing clinical studies back to research thereby informing the design of the next generation of immune-oncology agents to further improve outcomes for patients with cancer.
- Build and lead a high-functioning team of immune-oncology researchers to enable the execution of the oncology research strategy
- Work closely with internal and external experts to explore the biology of potential and selected targets and the mechanism(s)-of-action of candidate therapeutics
- Develop and/or access innovative disease area models and systems to test and refine Immunocore’s therapeutic approaches to cancer
- Explore emerging concepts in cancer and propose possible new immune-mediated approaches to cancer therapy
- Ensure scientific excellence in oncology research and provide direction and prioritization of research programs in oncology
- Enhance Immunocore’s reputation through publication and presentation at key scientific meetings
- Support oncology programs that progress beyond candidate drug nomination, acting as a disease area-specific interface with translational medicine and clinical development, bringing learnings from the clinic back to research
- PhD or equivalent in oncology or immunology as preference, or related discipline
- Significant post-graduate experience in immune-oncology research, preferably in industry, with a track record of achievement as evidenced by significant project advancement, patents, publications and/or invitations to present at key scientific meetings
- Experience leading complex research projects in oncology, identifying the most direct path to key decision points and making sound scientific judgements
- Experience building strong scientific teams, and managing/mentoring scientists in the achievement of project goals
- Experience establishing and maintaining collaborations with experts within and outside their organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels in an organization, and with external collaborators
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert