Do you have expertise in, and passion for Business Operations and Commercial Excellence in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Head of Global Business Operations and Commercial Excellence role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
About the Oncology Business Unit
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Embrace the unparalleled access to industry-leading research, technology and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and meaningful career.
What You’ll Do:
The Head of Global Business Operations and Commercial Excellence is responsible for developing, managing and implementing a global commercial operations capability function in support of the global commercial oncology organization.
As Chief of Staff, this role will also serve as a liaison to every member of the OBULT and other stakeholders on key organizational initiatives and will ensure execution and pull-through of all strategic decisions.
Provide strategy, leadership, direction and oversight to a high performing Global Commercial Operations team in the execution and enablement of key responsibilities of the team:
- Deliver core business operations support for Global Teams
- Progress operations capabilities and user experience
- Partner with OBY Teams to deliver efficiency & Productivity
Congress Center of Excellence
- Lead congress strategy and execution for OBU and ORD.
- Build industry leading congress capabilities
- Deliver efficiency in congress investment
Commercial and Launch Excellence
- Deliver brand strategy & launch planning evolution
- Deliver 2024-2026 TLP & BSP processes
- Develop and deliver foundational marketing L&D Content
Oncology Training and Development
- Deliver comprehensive tumor and product training for the commercial organization
- Develop Leading Field and Office Capability building
- Build Leadership & Management Development programs
Chief of Staff
- Support the EVP in all aspects of Oncology operations. Serve as a liaison to every member of the OBULT and other stakeholders on key organizational initiatives and ensure execution and pull through of all strategic decisions.
- Support and build cross-functional relationships to enable leadership success. Maintain ongoing, regular stakeholder engagements with the OBU LT to create and maintain a highly integrated organization
Essential for the Role:
- 10- 15 years global/in-market commercial experience
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject area
- Mastery of marketing excellence
- Launch excellence standard setting and tracking record
- Ability to travel globally
Desirable for the Role: