Medical Director Opportunity - Growing Community-Based Oncology Group - South Florida
Founded in 2007, The Oncology Institute of Hope and Innovation (TOI) is advancing oncology by delivering highly specialized, value-based cancer care in the community setting. TOI is dedicated to offering cutting-edge, evidence-based cancer care to a population of more than 1.5 million patients including clinical trials, stem cell transplants, transfusions, and other care delivery models traditionally associated with the most advanced care delivery organizations. With 80+ employed clinicians and more than 600 teammates in 54 clinic locations and growing.
In addition to our presence in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties, TOI will be adding multiple clinic locations in both Broward and Dade counties effective August 2022. We are looking for an outstanding Medical Director, Hematologist / Oncologist to market and foster growth for locations in Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, and multiple locations in the Miami/Dade area.
Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, in addition to seeing patients, the Medical Director will serve in a consultative manner to the Physician Executive Committee; and provide physician leadership to the medical staff at TOI and serve as a liaison between the medical staff and administration.
- Maintain active clinical practice
- Assure medical staff compliance with TOI practices, policies, and algorithms
- Actively participate in quality initiatives
- Provide medical expertise and guidance to medical staff
- Work with medical staff and administration to ensure adequate clinic coverage
- Work with medical staff and administration to ensure adequate hospital coverage
- Actively engage in hiring and contracting of clinical staff
- Serve as mentor and resource to newly hired physicians
- Assist in physician onboarding as asked by Chief Medical Officer
- Work with IPAs and payers as needed to ensure timely patient care and authorizations
- With the Chief Medical Officer, discipline medical staff as needed
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Executive Officer, or their designee
- For the clinicians practicing within their respective region.
Education and Experience:
- Doctorate degree from an accredited program.
- Must be actively licensed, in good standing, by the Board of Medical Examiners in the applicable state.
- Excellent communication skills, written and otherwise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Mastery of computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and applicable electronic medical software programs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
The Oncology Institute of Hope and Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.